We booked this hotel for 2 nights. Its a 12 Hr. drive from our home to Quincy IL. Because of the times we had to travel put us into Quincy at around 9:00 AM. I called the hotel and asked if it would be possible to get into a room if there was one available or at least put out stuff somewhere so we could pick up friends and they would be able to get into the car. The front desk person, Karen, proceeded to go over the check in and check out times with me ( as if I didn't know them already) and with an attitude, tell me that wouldn't be possible and to check in around 11 or 12 and she would see what she could do. At 12:00 We stopped by the hotel and I went in to see if we could get in yet. She left me standing at the counter ( keep in mind that the parking lot was empty, as it was the whole time we were there. They were not busy) acting like she was trying to find a room while doing other stuff. While I was left standing there, another man came in and was waiting his turn. He made chit chat with her asking how her day was. She told him, right in front of me, that its was hard dealing with people that were always trying to check in early or check out late. While this is a nice hotel, that pretty much did it for us. We wont be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic town of Quincy, Illinois, offers visitors a chance to look back through time - and our Stoney Creek Hotel provides the perfect accommodations. With its rustic decor and enjoyable fireplace themed suites, our 72-room Inn will have you feeling like a 19th century settler, but with all the amenities the 21st century has to offer. Located in the heart of the tri-states region of Illinois, Iowa and Missouri, the Stoney Creek Hotel in Quincy is ideal for social reunions and business events, with meetings rooms large enough to meet most every need. And while you're not relaxing in our warm and cozy surroundings, step out into Quincy, and discover the city's picturesque architecture, thriving industry and lively community events. Twice recognized as one of the nation's All-American cities, Quincy has a 200-year reputation of treating its guests well. By taking good care of you, we'll ensure that Quincy's great reputation continues. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Stoney Creek Inn - Quincy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stoney Creek Inn Quincy Hotel Quincy
- Stoney Creek Hotel Quincy