“Outdated Dining”

Applebee's
Ranked #73 of 137 Restaurants in Quincy
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 24, 2013

My dad and I were looking forward to dining here as he is on a restricted diet and I knew they had loads of low fat offerings. But I was alarmed at once by the outdated, non-clean atmosphere. The tables needed refinishing as they were sticky. The pictures on the wall had fingerprints and smudges all over them. The food itself was standard Applebees and we werer were pleased with our selection. The waitress was attentive but her conversation one table over with another waitress left something to be desired. Let's see-- with her first baby she gained 30 pounds but the baby was only 8 so everything left was water weight and afterbirth. That went well with my shrimp lunch. I am happy for the other waitress as this is her first pregnancy and she has a calendar that tells her how much weight she should gain each month and how much the baby weighs. It went on and on. Overall I think the restaurant is poorly managed and we won't be back.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

went in several times over the summer period. always too hot to stay and eat. no one wants to be sweaty when they are paying for a meal out.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

I have been seated at the same tables that have been sticky for years. Kids who cry because they're next to you are on top of you because there is no space between seats. I found the service to be positive. The price for drinks was unposted. I looked extensively at the menu for food and for drinks and never found a price for soda or tea. We paid seven dollars for two people to get drinks, and I ordered water. I was very angry because I checked and checked for a price and could never find them. When we got the ticket we got hit with as much for the drinks as the food almost. We ordered the cheapest thing on the menu to try to be affordable. I don't feel it is even almost affordable!! General sports channel was the same boring I left behind at home for free!!

Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

Good traditional bar and grill food. Service is good but cleanliness is not to be found. Have been several times now and the tables need refinished as they are sticky no matter what. The floors are covered with food and napkins etc. I know it is busy most of the time but this is ridiculous . My kids looked behind the corner booth and there was a myriad of items.

1  Thank olivegarden
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We ate there because we were given a gift card. When we walked in the greeter was not excited about having to seat us. Then she sat us right by the door ((so everyone walking by had to walk around the high chair). Our waitress did not check on us often and the food was in very small portions for the price that we paid for it

Been to Applebee's? Share your experiences!