“Great BBQ in an unsuspecting location!”

Riverside Smoke House & Grill
Ranked #5 of 134 Restaurants in Quincy
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Riverside Smoke House & Grill! We pride ourselves on great KC BBQ! Come out to our Canton or Quincy location to try the best barbeque around. We also have Award Winning Wings, Tenderloins and of course...BBQ. If you are looking for a spot for a great meal, grabbing a sandwich or a private party; Riverside is the only choice. Located in Downtown Quincy IL or Canton MO with the best charm, atmosphere around! Come check us out today and LIKE us on Facebook!
Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

We actually dined at their sister location in Canton, MO. It was Tuesday which meant all you can eat rib night and that was music to our ears. For the same price as a Half rack dinner plate, we were served a heaping plate of dry rub ribs, corn on the cob, corn muffin, and an additional two sides! I elected for the house made cold slaw (creamy style and excellent!) and potato salad (mustard base and just OK). On the table were four sauces (spicy, original, sweet, and mustard base). I dipped my ribs in a combo of the original and sweet and was genuinely pleased with the delicious combo!

Will definitely return when in the area!!!

Kenneth R, Owner at Riverside Smoke House & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2012

Thank you for your kind words. I truly appreciate each and everyone of our guests. We hope to see you again! Happy Holidays

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Food was excellent! Service was great...very accomodating and friendly! Portions are very large. The atmosphere is very casual and staff seems extremely friendly. My husband and I agree that the cornbread muffins are the very best we've ever eaten!! I have one minor complaint, though; both times we were there it seemed smokey throughout the restaurant from the smoking of the meat, but I'm sure with ventilation going it won't be a problem.

1  Thank EllenG2011

Ellan, Thanks for the great feedback! I am sorry for the smoke in the dining room. We are working on the issue and for some reason, it is just every once in a while. It is an old building and we are trying our best to figure it out! Hope to see you again!

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Our party of 4 arrived around 8 and were seated immediately. Service started out pleasent but after paying our bill it went down hill. One person in our party had a terrible day so we planned on pickin up the tab for them. However, since the bill was more then we had anticipated we were unable to leave a large tip. We paid the bill with what cash we had an told our waiter to keep the change. We made sure to thank him for the meal and service as he took the bill away. We were slow at leaving and had to box up a leftover meal. The waiter returned and announced the amount of change and put it on top of the black bill holder. I repeated that the change was for him while another in our group started to bring out more money to leave for the tip. The waiter then announced that he "didn't need it" and handed it back to me. I was so embarrassed and insulted that just because the tip amount wasn't what the waiter thought he deserved that our money wasn't acceptable. His attitude took a 180 degree when he believed he wast left enough. The waiter made us feel like we shouldn't bother with a tip unless it was X amount. I was so angry and insulted that I doubt we ever return to the Quincy location. The waiter didn't know the reasons for us dining that night nor the finicial situation we were in. We wanted to cheer up a friend who was served divorce papers that afternoon and ended up being insulted.

I truly am sorry to hear about this situation. I have had a conversation with the employee and he understands that this type of behavior is not tolerated. I would like to make this up to you if you let us. Please email me and we can talk mobbque@gmail.com

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Reviewed September 10, 2012

My family and I eat here at least twice a week! The food is incredibly delicious - comparable to Famous Dave's. I've tried a lot of different items on the menu and everything is amazing! The service is absolutely wonderful - fast, friendly, generous and accomodating {they once made a special order of jalapeno corn muffins per my husband's request}. The specials are fantastic and greatly appreciated. Riverside ROCKS! We always look forward to going and can't wait to go this Thursday for "Kids Eat Free!" =]

1  Thank NAlbright

Thank you Nikki, we love having your family in! You guys are the BEST! Happy Holidays!

Reviewed September 10, 2012

I have yet to visit the Quincy IL location however if it is half as good as the food in the Canton MO location, it is AWESOME!! Ken, the owner, is always so accomodating. Living in Michigan I dont get out there very often but I am looking forward to Culver-Stockton Homecoming weekend (my son was on the football team 2010-2011) so I can drop by the Canton restaurant after the game.

1  Thank Bob S

Thank you Bob, I hope you find time to come see us at the Quincy location

Happy Holidays