“Always good & changing” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Maine Course
Ranked #10 of 129 Restaurants in Quincy
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Quincy, Illinois
“Always good & changing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

Menu is always changing a very different for Quincy

Aged steaks & fresh seafood specials. Risotto changes every day

Usually the deserts are strange combinations of flavors that work

Not a large place but should be able to get a seat any night

Dayton, Ohio
“Good food, no crowd, small portions”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

We went to this restarrant on a rainy Tuesday and no one was there. The food was good but the portions were too small. The food was slightly overpriced.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Overland Park, Kansas
“The restaurant I keep coming back to”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

I look forward to this restaurant everytime I come to Quincy, IL for work. They change out their menu which means you come back to something new everytime. This time I tried their chard caesar salad ($4) and chicken pot pie ($14). The chard caesar was a great starter. The chard flavor enhancecd the salad. Most of the time, I don't care for Caesar salads because most restaurants don't know how to make a good one. This is a place you want to order their caesar if on the menu. The pot pie was a deconstructed pot pie, with chicken breast, swiss chard, carots, potatoes and a puff pastry "biscuit." I was also given four different types of sea salt to use (or not) as I wish. Honestly the food did not needed salt, but I had to try the different sea salt, mostly on the potatoes. This place never disappoints me. Why it is not listed as the #1 restaurant in Quincy is beyond me. This is the best restaurant in town period.

• Visited November 2013
Hannibal, Missouri
“Best restaurant experience in quincy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

My husband and I had the most amazing dinner at The Maine Course. We did the tasting menu and had our drinks and popcorn (appetizer) frozen with liquid nitrogen. It was really so much fun. Great food, relaxing ambience and awesome staff. The service of our very entertaining waiter Chris was top notch, and we even met the amazing chef, Kevin. We will definitely be coming back

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank January A
Illinois
“never disappointed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

My wife and I drive 30 miles to eat here and have never been disappointed with the food. We were there Saturday night and tried the fried chicken and the pork loin. Both were excellent. Good portions and reasonably priced for the quality of the food.

• Visited September 2013