“Quincy does not know what real Mexican food is, this place is nasty.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Maya's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #78 of 132 Restaurants in Quincy
Cuisines: Mexican
“Quincy does not know what real Mexican food is, this place is nasty.”
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

This is the fakest Mexican food around! Nothing authentic about this place. The salsa is from a can of tomatoes with some chili spice and onion. The ground meat product they use is nasty. If they would have authentic food I'd be back but since they don't we will make it at home. I guess I could show them how it's done.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank 1valen

Quincy, Illinois
“Great, IF you know what to avoid.”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We have been going here for years. The food is delicious, if you know what to order. I have been disappointed the few times I've strayed from the main dishes I love. Their chips and salsa are my favorite, though I'm not a spicy salsa lover. The chicken nachos, burritos and quesadillas are what we stick with. Avoid the chimichangas and fajitas.
Service is extremely fast. Servers have always been very friendly.
I used to be pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness of the place. Restrooms were pristine, tables were wiped off with cleaner and not just a dishcloth, etc. Lately, the restrooms aren't quite up to my standard.

• Visited April 2013
Baylis, Illinois
“pablano time”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

food is good. I am a poblano lover and there is several meal choices with poblanos. there is many items on the menu for the rest of the family to chose.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank farmboy70
Quincy, Illinois
“Nice but not great Tex-Mex”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This a nice place but like so many other Tex-Mex restaurants. The salsa is not very flavorful and quite bland. We had the carnitas and they were just good not great. Will give it another try but don't think things will change.

• Visited March 2013
Belleville, Illinois
“Slop and Horrible Service”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Completely Disgusting, cold food and when we complained the server acted like he didn't understand us. Took forever to get service and then he barely talked. Questioning if it because of limited English proficiency maybe? Expensive for crap service and crap food. Will NOT go back!!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank jellebelly29

Been to Maya's Mexican Restaurant? Share your experiences!