“love maya's”

Maya's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #42 of 134 Restaurants in Quincy
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed February 2, 2012

i'm kinna scared! my friends have asked if i know what they do on your birthday! i have til september but they said they're taking me there for my birthday an it sounds scary! i've not been there for a birthday where they did "all that" but anyway, the food is great and it is a great place to eat - they will take care of you!

Reviewed November 10, 2011

I have stayed at the Fairfield Inn across the street numerous times in the past several years, but have never ventured into Restaurant Maya. After seeing the great reviews here and elsewhere, I decided to give it a go.

The service was incredibly fast. I was seated and had a water glass and chips and salsa within 60 seconds of arriving. My server was extremely attentive and the manager stopped by every table during the lunch rush. I couldn't be more pleased with the service.

However, the food was not great. I ordered the vegetarian quesadilla, which included mushrooms and spinach in it. This sounded perfect to me, as vegetarian options at Mexican restaurants are usually some combination of tortillas, beans, rice and chiles rellenos. Instead it came as a huge mound of canned mushrooms and what looked to be canned spinach (or at least really overcooked fresh or frozen) barely covered in a tortilla with a little bit of cheese inside. The portion was not the problem - it was the quality. I couldn't believe how inedible it was. I dumped salsa on it, which didn't help mask the texture, which was watery and mushy.

The price was more than reasonable and I ate half of it, so I didn't complain. I have been to other Mexican restaurants in town and maybe next time I will head over to Mi Jalapeno instead.

Reviewed September 18, 2011

Absolutely my favorite service good food delicious price is good for how much u get to.

Reviewed August 27, 2011

Across from the Fairfield Inn is a dingy looking restaurant called Maya's. I try to never judge restaurants, ESPECIALLY Mexican restaurants by their exterior. Most of the time the worse it looks on the outside, the better the food is on the inside, and that would prove to hold true in this establishment.

Chips and salsa were enjoyable. I usually rate mexican restaurants mostly on the quality of chips and salsa, so passed the test here.

The restaurant offers a pretty typical menu that you would see in most mexican restaurants, of course with a few of their own signature dishes. I ended up getting a combo Fajita plate that included veggies, chicken, carne, shrimp, and bacon, as well as a plate of rice, beans, guacamole, sour cream, and cheese.

I ordered the single portion plate, but what came out was enough to serve three! Very pleasantly surprised here.

Server was a little hard to understand, but I came to eat, not to have a conversation with the waiter.

1  Thank John_Gaudy
Reviewed July 10, 2011

It may not be the best mexican food you will ever have, but as an overall "package" Maya's is worth a visit. To begin, the atmosphere is fairly spacious and it is typically no problem to get a quiet booth or table. More importantly, it is immaculately clean!! All of the staff are extremely gracious, considerate and attentive; most actually appear to be of Hispanic origin.

As for the food, the variety is considerable. Not only do they have a quite ample menu, the price-friendly luncheon specials only add to your options. Burritos, enchilladas, soft shell tacos and chimichangas are all good as are some of their speciality dishes. Menu provides meat, chicken & fish/seafood options for most dishes. There are also menu items that allow for mix-and-match meals so you can try different things at the same time. Have never had a meal that came to the table that was not decently-presented and warm; never appearing to be warmed-over. Truthfully, there is nothing bad to say about Maya's -- which is not the case with other so-called mexican places in Quincy.