“Value Stay”

Motel 6 Prospect Heights IL
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Service was great
Rooms were good but had some moldy smell especially when A/C was turned on
Carpet were dirty needed shampoo as you can see the dirt in the shower tub
Breakfast was okay to get u going

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Reviewed June 30, 2012

I was very satisfied with my stay at this hotel. The rooms are just as they look in the pictures on their website, so don't believe that it is misleading! I had an employee discount because I work at a different super 8 so my room was incredibly cheap, though I can't say how cheap it would have been without the discount (from the reviews I take it that the rooms are indead cheap). Regardless, I was content! The lobby and breakfast area were well-decorated and clean, as well as the rooms. The staff told me the hotel was recently renovated and I can easily say it was very apparent! Parking near my room was taken up quickly but I didn't mind. The beds were comfy, rooms were spotless, and amenities were nice. When we first walked into the side door where the rooms are you could smell it smoke from some of the rooms but once we got into our own room it was great, there wasnt a trace of a smoking smell. We requested a first floor room and got it. Front Desk as well as Housekeeping staff was very friendly, I didn't have the breakfast so I can't say how that was. All 3 nights I didn't hear a single peep from any of the other rooms, who knows if anyone stayed in the one next to mine but I definitely didn't hear them, and no complaints came to our room though we may have been loud. I stayed 3 nights and didnt want housekeeping one day but did the next and they cleaned the room very well. Yes, the hotel is a ways away from central chicago, but it was at a pretty convenient location to be able to find your way towards central chicago easily! I will definitely stay here again next time I come to the Chicago area. :)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nil R
Reviewed June 2, 2012

I stayed in this hotel with my other friends for one night and it was a very good experience. The hotel was clean and calm. We had a good sleep. The morning breakfast was also very good. The front desk was very helpful and always smiling. I certainly recommend it for travelers.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 8, 2012

A buddy and I came up to Chicago for a show but we were on a budget so we had to stay far away from the city for a decent rate. The facilities were clean and the room was nothing fancy but there were no problems with it. The guy working the desk at check in was very nice and accommodating. Thanks to him we were able to make it to and from the city with ease. Like I said it's nothing fancy but it's a great value and a decent place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank ColombusCrew1985
Reviewed January 15, 2012

The room was clean and comfortable. We were able to hear the tvs from other rooms however, I don't know if these people had the volume turned way up or if the walls were just kind of thin but it wasn't so loud that it was distracting.

Included breakfast was cereal, bagels, bread, coffee, and juice.

When booking the description noted that a fridge and microwave were available upon request so I did request this when I booked via hotels.com...upon check-in I inquired about this was was flatly told there were no rooms available with the fridge and microwave. I was disappointed but we didn't pay much for the room so I wasn't put out by it.

I did happen to discover two condom wrappers in a nightstand drawer that housekeeping had missed...but other than that the room was clean.

It wasn't a horrible experience by far, but I probably would not say here again. I've booked cheaper rooms before from other chains and was surprised at how nice the hotel/room was...this experience was more along of the lines of 'you get what you pay for.'

Room Tip: If you want to make sure that you have a fridge and microwave in the room maybe you should call rath...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 12, 2011

As a businessman who is on the road more than 40 weeks of the year, I am not easily impressed with my hotel stays. This is especially true for Super 8 where the quality often falls at or below mediocrity. However, my recent stay at the Super 8 - 540 N Milwaukee Ave in Prospect heights, IL has compelled me to offer my very first positive review of any hotel.
The first thing I noticed was the personal and professional manner in which the dsk clerk checked me in, calling me by my name and issueing a warm welcome. There were luggage carts and an elevator, and all common areas were well crubbed and cared for. The room had an irion and ironing board and was perfectly clean and very comfortable with towels, bedding and pillows that are usually found in pricier hotels. The wireles internet was very fast and reliable, and despite the number of guests that night, it was very quiet in my room.
Breakfast was about the same as most other lower priced hotels: Cold and hot cerals, bagels, muffins, juice, coffee (better than most I've tasted), and an assorment of fruit. The breakfast area itself was very clean and separated into 2 distinct areas, one of which had a large screen tv.
All the staff was very friendly and accommodating, and there were no unwanted or unwelcome surprises.
I would rate this particular hotel on or above the level of many of the higher priced hotels and would recommend it to anybody without reservation (no pun intended).

Charles B

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 15, 2011

It only cost $50 per night so it's difficult to be negative. This place caterers mainly to truck drivers. Staff are friendly-ish though disappointing they did not have any proper organisation of fridge rental. Breakfast was complimentary and very simple. A little too far from Chicago, to drive or park & ride. Next time I would choose a place closer to Cumberland Metro Park & Ride.

• Stayed: September 2011

Been to Motel 6 Prospect Heights IL? Share your experiences!