“Excellent! Wow!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Prospect Heights
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Very close to all the places. Nice room and newer hotel.
Fresh scent of the rooms! Very well maintained and Free Wifi.
Excellent customer service and great staff!
Easy check in and check out.
Nice hotel to stay. Close to a lot of hubs.
Great restaurant!

Room Tip: ask for top level rooms!
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Comfort I, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Prospect Heights, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2014

Hello, My Name is Catriz I'm the General Manager at the Comfort Inn & Sites in Prospect Heights, and I'm really glad to hear that your experience in the hotel was excellent. Thanks and have a great day.

There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Prospect Heights

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Stopped here for a night on my trip through the States as it is pet friendly. It was a little odd that the pet friendly rooms are up on the top floor and not down closer to the door for taking them out but other than that, it was a good night. The room was clean and the air conditioner was already going (it was a very humid day). Breakfast was better than most "included" meals I've had in other places, including scrambled eggs and sausages along with the usual fare. Overall, not a high class hotel but for the price, definitely worth it.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend came up to visit me and booked a room on the 17th of May, she stayed there a month before as well. After checking in to our room we saw that it wasn't cleaned at all, the beds were a mess, the toilet was clogged with a wash cloth and smelled like cigarettes even though it was a non-smoking room. The manager said that the only other room available was a handicap room we took it bc of a reservation at the restaurant. The hotel had a party going on in the conference room at around 5 pm. We didn't return till 10 pm and could still hear the music play on the 3rd floor. We told the night management and to a surprise we weren't the only ones complaining. We left to go see a movie since we couldn't go to sleep, and when we came back at 1am it was still going on. Again we complained to be brushed off.. 3 weeks later my account gets hit with another charge from the hotel stating that we were a no show. We still haven't heard anything from the manager of the hotel and haven't been refunded any money including the 3 times they charged the account and over drafted it by $90 dollars... We'll never stay here ever again..

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steven E
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I picked this hotel due to the fact that I did have a good stay in March of this year. This stay however was the worse stay of my life. When I arrived the front desk had to ask me for my information when I already had a confirmation number to give them. After checking in I went up to my room only to find out that it was dirty and not what I booked. They did give me a different room but also not what I requested and was also not the cleanest. We ended up having to leave the property around 10pm just to get come peace and quiet due to a very loud party going on downstairs. Upon arriving back at the hotel at 1am, the party was still going on so I stopped at the desk and asked when they will be shutting down. She stated that they are now due to numerous complaints from other guest. About a week later from staying at this property, I found an extra charge from them. Upon calling to see what it was about they informed me it was a no show charge. My question is how can I get a no show charge when I stayed in the room? I do not recommend this property and will not be going back.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Melissa R
Reviewed April 23, 2014

The hotel was chosen for its convenient location near a Northbrook, IL business where I was to conduct HazMat Employee and RCRA training. I didn't get to see or use much of the hotel, but what I did correlates with the other reviews: impressive lobby, friendly staff, good price, and very good breakfast (hot & cold foods with a good variety). It also had a large bar and video gaming which I was not interested in and could be a negative for some. Unfortunately, the hotel has not yet taken the USEPA H2O WaterSense Challenge. I will definitely stay at this hotel whenever business brings me back to this area.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Comfort I, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Prospect Heights, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2014

Dear guest, Thank You for your nice comments. We appreciate your comment and glad to hear that your stay was excellent this it's why we are here to make experience unforgettable. We look forward to another opportunity to host you at our property, and once again, thank you for your positive comments! Best Regards, Catriz Canario.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

I didn't spend a lot of time at the hotel; I pretty much crashed when I got in at 6:30 pm and hustled out after breakfast the next morning, but I was impressed with what I saw. This was a business trip for Daniels Training Services. I was there to conduct Hazardous Waste & US DOT HazMat Training at a local business. As for the hotel: Easy access. Good parking. Friendly and professional staff at check-in. My room was clean and comfortable with good-operating heating system (who would think I'd be using the heater in mid-April!) Most important to me on this trip was the breakfast in the morning, which I liked. The hotel also had some other amenities I didn't use: Exercise Room, Bar/Lounge, and video gaming. A good value.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed December 8, 2013

My first impression upon arriving after a long day driving was wow/ I loved the lobby and staff was very friendly and helpful. I drive truck and I travel all over Canada and usa this is one of the best comfort inns ever! For the price I was very pleased and the breakfast was good. I would recommend if in area to stay here you will love it.All so there is a mall beside it with 4 rest. And shopping , the hotel has a Bar and Grill in it that does room service if you want .The room was very clean and the beds were excellent the best one I stayed at. YET.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Baymont Inn & Suites Glenview
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Northbrook Wheeling
Best Western Plus Glenview-Chicagoland Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago/Mt. Prospect

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Prospect Heights? Share your experiences!