“A great place to stop while traveling I-80.”

Myrtle's Cafe & Pie
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Princeton
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
Kearney, MO.
“A great place to stop while traveling I-80.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

Great Chili and an outstanding Banana Creme pie. A little hard to find but worth the search! We had to call to find it and we were so close.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank KearneyCat

Walnut, Illinois
“There is Nothing you won't like!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

I live in a small nearby town and shop in Princeton often. I was thrilled to see Myrtle's sign on the strip. Myrtle's has a wonderful ambiance. The food is excellent. From sandwiches, soups, to-die-for mac and cheese and salads to quiches and a huge list of scratch pies for dessert. I try something new everytime I go in. The piece d'resistance is David's pies. They are absolutely heavenly. There is something for everyone, cream, fruit, nut, freezer, and more! If you are looking for food fare that is different, wholesome, filling and not priced out of sight, try this little diamond! David, the owner, is a joy to visit with and his staff are great. Oh, did I mention there is a playroom for children in the back with a few tables so you can watch them and indulge. You won't be sorry you stopped in. (I do every chance I get!)

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Mary Beth S
Chicago, Illinois
“Save room for the pie!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

My husband and i stopped at Myrtle's Pie and Cafe on a Friday for lunch. I ordered the steak and portabello sandwich and my husband had a meat loaf sandwich. I don't remember the exact names of these delicious creations. We both had a cup of the stuffed green pepper soup as well. It was all so good!

Next... the pie. How delicious! The pies are made fresh daily and are soooo good. I had DCC (Dave's chocolate creation). It was chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate. My husband had the chocolate peanut butter pie.

The hours are Monday-Thursday 11:00 to 5:00, Fridays 11:00 to 8:00 - serving dinner and Saturday 11:00 to 2:00.

This was our first stop on our vacation. What a great way to start it off!

We plan on coming back often - even if it is 40 miles from home!

• Visited July 2013
4 Thank lizzzg
Milan,Illinois
“A Must Stop and Eat kind of Place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

Ate lunch here today and absolutely no complaints! I had a turkey Reuben on marbled rye,Mac & cheese(no Kraft Mac & cheese her it is the REAL thing) and German Chocolate Cream Pie! That pie was absolutely delicious ! The chef makes all of the pies by hand and has a large variety of familiar and some new twists on pie.the staff was very personable,food delicious,served quickly and hot.A great town to spend the afternoon to explore and enjoy lunch.Will definetly return.

• Visited June 2013