“Awesome food & experience”

Four and Twenty Cafe
Ranked #1 of 39 Restaurants in Princeton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome! We are a Midwestern Cafe located in the heart of Illinois and dedicated to homemade and the best of locally sourced foods. Open 7 days a week to serve you Breakfast and Lunch, Homemade Pastries, Pies, & Confections. Full Service Coffee Bar, Special Event Planning and Catering.
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Visiting in Princeton or traveling I80, worth a stop and won't be disappointed. We we revisiting relatives and ended up at Four & Twenty twice for breakfast.

Comfortable home atmosphere, very "local eatery" type nod non commercial.

The quality of food and service for the price was an absolute surprise. Not to mention we were shocked when offered gluten free toast when we were prepared to go without.

I had traditional eggs, bacon and potatoes. My wife had the fruit and & cheese plate. We both had gluten free toast, fresh hot coffee, and squeezed orange juice. Absolutely outstanding breakfast.

We travel frequently and often pay twice as much for so-so food.

Did a repeat breakfast, different items on the way out if town headed home. Did not disappoint! We will be sure to return whenever in the area.

Great service, warm smiles and excellent food.

2  Thank RGTravelIng

Reviewed December 7, 2013

I love Trip Advisor and we picked Four & Twenty because of the good reviews on here. I was expecting something great. Very disappointing. Maybe they were just having a bad day, Saturday 12:45 - out of soup and several other items on the menu. I settled on a cheese burger, asked for it cooked medium, it was served well done, dry. One of the worst cheese burgers ever. The homemade chips were not bad but there were only about 7 on the plate. Service was poor. We left and had dessert at Myrtle's Pie & Cafe. That's the place to go in Princeton. Everyone is different I guess, but I suggest you skip this place. Nothing special.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

My wife and I stopped in for lunch and were so impressed that we returned the next day and brought my mother-in-law. All the food is home cooked and beautifully presented. The cafe has a very clean and attractive setting but it only serves breakfast and lunch so go early.

3  Thank bigEIllinois
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We were driving through and saw a review so we decided to get off I-80 and give Four and Twenty a try. It's right off Main Street.

This was one of the best bison-burgers I have ever had. I thought at first the aged white cheddar was carrying it, but I tried the burger by itself and the bison flavor stood strong in it's own right. Together they made a fabulous burger. I will give the homemade chips just an "ok" rating though.

Kelly's French dip had roasted peppers and onions on it like a Philly, and the meat was slightly dry, but she really enjoyed her sandwich. The Au Jus was great, and she ordered the cole slaw (which I should have too).

Will go back if we are in the area.

1  Thank BigRedGeek
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We had a very enjoyable lunch here. I had a salad with a cup of mushroom soup and was very pleased. My husband had a French dip sandwich which he also enjoyed. I opted to have a piece of raspberry pie for dessert which was a wonderful finish to this meal.

If I lived in the neighborhood, I would be a regular, this is the sort of cafe that I love. Fresh local veggies, homemade desserts and a warm atmosphere.

2  Thank Zabelle