“Steaks heaven”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is my favourite Restaurnt any where. Having been here 1st in 2003 while visiting family I've returned on my every chance I get. I visit USA every few years and Always incorporate trip to Ohio/Princeton area for family but also for prime quarter steaks. Love the idea of cooking your own. Steaks are of the highest quality and salad is always fresh and plentiful. Staff friendly and atmosphere is heartland USA feel. Can't wait until im back again.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We were the first ones there on Saturday, June 29, at 4pm. We went and had a drink first at the bar, nice young female bartender. I left the change and she came and tried to give it back at my table....it was her tip...nice honesty! The texas toast is just several loaves of "sara lee" bread sitting out, my first thought was tacky...but whatever....salad bar was just basic...cottage cheese and store bought potato salad, beets, egg, average at best. The steaks look great sitting there, and really it is a great idea, but when you go out, I liked to waited on, and standing over these hot coals, sweating, is not my idea of a great evening out...yes, you can have them do it for 2 more buck...but the menu also says there would be a chef standing around helping you, well that did not happen...we was there a couple mins, walked away and so on, he did not ask one person if he could help them, and I did not get the feeling he wanted any questions? Just a hunch...Since I can't cook, my steak tasted like cardboard, my fault I know, but I just don't like the whole idea. The waitress really has to fill your drinks and take away plates, which well....she was bad at, they have something on the menu about they have to ask you if you want coffee and desert, that did not happen. Oh well. The best part was the bartender, we will not be back.

2  Thank Melissa R
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We've eaten at a Prime Quarter previously in Green Bay, WI. The first time we actually cooked our own steaks with help from the staff.
When we went to Princeton we decided to have our steaks cooked to order. I was not disappointed....we both chose the ribeye steaks. They were delicious and melt in your mouth tender. There was certainly no lack of flavor. The salad and baked potato bar are also very good.
This restaurant is about an hour away from us but we have friends in Princeton so it's fun to get together with them. My mouth waters when I think about one of their steaks. As mentioned, there are a number of choices, along with fresh salmon fllets that you can grill or have grilled for you.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Prime Quarter to anyone. Both experiences in Green Bay and Princeton were excellent. Go and enjoy.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Who would have thought that there is a restaurant where you could cook your own steak? Who would want to at the price that is charged at this restaurant? For $21.95 per person you get your choice of a steak (T-bone, filet, ribeye, etc), baked potato, salad bar and texas toast or for $13.95 per person you can split a steak and get the same ingredients as above which is what my husband and I decided to do. When we arrived, the restaurant was very smoky due to the fact that the lights had gone out in Princeton and of course the coals were burning and there was no exhaust fan. My husband and I both decided that we did not want to cook our steaks so that cost us $2.00 each to have the chef cook it for us. We chose the T-bone because that was the biggest size and we were going to split the steak. It actually didn't have any taste to it. I don't think there were any spice added to the steak. I did notice that the people that were cooking their steaks had ingredients (cajun, garlic spices, etc.) at the cooking station to douse their steaks with.The salad bar was very good especially the potato salad (which I usually hate). I was very surprised that there were people cooking there own steaks but when I go out to eat I just want to relax. Seeing that Princeton doesn't have a lot of nice restaurants to eat at, I would go back but my husband says he wasn't impressed at all. Well, you know what that means. I probably won't be going back either. For the price that we paid I think we will stick with Texas Road House. The steaks there are about the same price and they are usually very tasty.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

This restaurant is a wonderful place to go and get an excellent steak. The décor is upscale hardwood everywhere and there is a cool looking bar however everything is circa 1965 or so. You'll feel like you are going back in time when you enter this place and its clientele are mostly local country folk. The excellent steak and salad bar will keep you trying to figure out a reason that you need to visit Princeton to come to this place. Its very reasonably priced as well.