“good value at a clean motel”
Review of Super 8 Princeton

Super 8 Princeton
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Princeton
beloit wisc
“good value at a clean motel”
Reviewed February 6, 2012

I was a guest at the Super 8 on sat 2-4-12 for 1 night. My room was clean with a refridge in it and my check in was quick. the man behind the counter was friendly an gave some recommendations on local restaurants. The breakfast was typical super 8 breakfast with cereal, toast, donuts etc. The indoor pool was open and i took a quick dip. For the price I paid, I got a clean motel and had no complaints. I will stay there again when I am in princeton

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Wilmington, Illinois
Reviewed February 14, 2011

My room had a terrible smell at the time of check in. I chose to ignore it and open the window to air it out, because that is where everyone I knew was staying. I went to use the washroom, my toilet wobbled, wash my hands, towels were stained, by the heater, hole in the wall. I was going to make the best of it. Went to walmart and bought towels, and did my best to ignore the rest. Until later in the evening I was sitting on the edge of the bed and seen a bug crawling up the wall. Grabbed a tissue to catch it, it was the BIGGEST COCKROACH I have ever seen. I took it to the front desk only to be told that the cleanest homes in America have cockroaches. Wrong answer! I can put up with a lot, but not bugs. I went back to my room to gather my belongings, only to see a whole lot more. I caught another one, and took it to the front desk. He(the owner), did his best to make me feel like I was an idiot, until a man in the lobby stood up on my defense with a video camera. I ultimately ended up getting my money refunded, as well as seeing about 15 other rooms check out at the same time as me due to the problems.

• Stayed February 2011
4 Thank LizH79

Travelers are raving about these Princeton hotels

grand rapids, michigan, USA
Reviewed August 11, 2010

I had an awful experience of spending night being bitten all night long and then suffered with huge very itchy allergic reaction to the bite that lasted for 4 days. I suspect fleas (from dogs?), or something else.

I was shown a room and given another at the checking in and then told that the room show had just been taken another person.

I have no problem with staff, moreover, they refunded fully the stay, however, no money can compensate for the suffering.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank travelerisme345
Illinois
Reviewed June 27, 2010

Clean room, comfortable bed, friendly and helpful staff, great price. Wi-fi worked fine. Located north of I-80, away from restaurants and shopping (except the truck stop next door).

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Schererville, Indiana
Reviewed June 19, 2010

We were in Princeton for a friend's surprise birthday party. Our friend's mom booked the last two rooms at the Super 8 by stopping in and speaking to the management, couldn't find a single thing online. Come to find out there were two weddings in town, so that combined with Labor Day weekend we were at the Super 8 or we were driving pretty far to find a place to sleep.

It appears that the owners live at the motel, they were very nice. The room was fine, very basic but fine. My only issue was with the bed. Pink sheets! Sorry but it just creeps me out. Better yet, our friends down the hall had a King room and they had normal white sheets. Needless to say, appearing to be clean or not, I slept in sweat pants & long sleeves. Creepy.

The truck stop next door seemed to have some sketchy travelers passing through, but the restaurant was decent.

Would I stay again, probably not. The place was fine, but I'd try the AmericInn or whatever on the other side of the highway. Mainly because I hear it's nicer, maybe the sheets aren't pink! Not a bad place though, it's a decent motel option. Plus you get Wyndham rewards points.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Muscatine, Iowa
Reviewed August 12, 2006

The rooms were clean, but you can hear absolutely everything. We were on the bottom floor and could hear every step above us. The ice machine was 2 rooms away and it might as well have been right in our room. We only paid $49... I guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 11, 2005

We were particularly impressed by the friendliness of the staff! Our room was clean and comfortable. There was a little problem with noise from batheroom next door. Location close to gas, restaurants, etc. Good value.

• Stayed July 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Princeton
Days Inn Princeton
Quality Inn
#6 of 10 in Peru
Days Inn Oglesby/ Starved Rock
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Peru

Been to Super 8 Princeton? Share your experiences!