Open today: 6:00 AM - 4:00 PM

from $459.92
More Info
from $229.49
More Info
All reviews national park indri indri brown lemurs different species local guide lemur island vakona forest lodge bumpy road early morning dense forest three hours andasibe madagascar animals sifaka trees walks
Selected filters
Reviewed October 22, 2019

We had a great visit in this park even it was overcrowded with tourist ( just like us ).
Our guide Demasi was awesome and super informative.
We got so see a bunch of lemurs and the famous Indri Indri.

Reviewed October 10, 2019 via mobile

The walk in the forest is a must do experience! Spotting the Indri Indri is quite fascinating. The guides are good and would help you with spotting and identifying a lot of birds as well.
Unfortunately we could not do the night walk - but that is also a must do as most lemurs are nocturnal.

Reviewed October 5, 2019

I spent 2 weeks in Madagascar's capital Antananarivo and on my weekend there, following several recommendations by other guests staying at the same guesthouse as I was, I hired a car and went to Andasibe-Mantadia National Park. It was well worth the time and cost. I could see the Indri at their natural habitat, and hear their cries. The guides at the park are very knowledgeable and will find many birds, camouflaged geckos and other animals and plants which would otherwise pass unnoticed. It was a memorable visit.

Reviewed September 19, 2019

We spent the night at Mantadia Lodge and left at 7 am for our visit to the National Park. This is a great location if you are considering a stay. You can read my separate review for the hotel. Because we arrived at 7:30 pm, we were not able to do the Night Walk so we opted for the Day Walk.

By 7:10 am, we were in the park and the start of our walk. It was just the 2 of us and our guide, Pascal.

Tickets are 40000 Ar per person. We chose the 2 hour Circuit Indri 1 for 3.5 km. This is the shortest circuit. The guide fee for this circuit is 40000 Ar. Our multi day tour across Madagascar with eSpace Mada included the entrance and guide fees.

This area does have rain and some areas are somewhat muddy but mostly just stone paths. There isn't much elevation so the walk was easy. I did wear a long sleeve shirt and tucked the bottom of my pants into my socks. I also wore hiking boots but gaiters were not needed. During our walk (we did this on September 12), the weather was cool and luckily we had no rain.

For this area, September - October is dry season. Our guide said 10 months out of the year, it is wet season.

During our walk, we saw only 2 types of lemurs. A black lemur with a brown body and then finally, after walking an hour, we spotted some Indris. We spent an hour with the indris, sometimes chasing thru dense forest with some elevation. There was a group of indris with about 3-4 in the group and they were all in the trees.

We were also lucky enough to hear them calling. It was loud and very interesting.

By 9:30 am, we were finished and back in our car. We tipped Pascal 30000 Ar. The indris were very interesting to watch.

2  Thank PandaHouston
Reviewed September 18, 2019

We were very lucky to have Bernadette as our guide. She was amazing at spotting the wildlife from the Leaf Geckos to the lemurs. She was very knowledgable about all the plants and trees too.

She had a pointer with a green light that was very useful for knowing where to look.

We were lucky to see Lemurs in the wild here which was a really amazing experience.

The fascinating Cocoons hanging like socks from the trees where something different.

This is a great place to go. At the entrance there is a shop with local handicrafts also toilets too.

Date of experience: August 2019