Open today: 6:00 AM - 4:00 PM

from $459.92
More Info
from $229.49
More Info
All reviews national park indri indri brown lemurs different species local guide lemur island vakona forest lodge bumpy road early morning dense forest three hours andasibe madagascar animals sifaka trees walks
Selected filters
Reviewed September 18, 2019

We were very lucky to have Bernadette as our guide. She was amazing at spotting the wildlife from the Leaf Geckos to the lemurs. She was very knowledgable about all the plants and trees too.

She had a pointer with a green light that was very useful for knowing where to look.

We were lucky to see Lemurs in the wild here which was a really amazing experience.

The fascinating Cocoons hanging like socks from the trees where something different.

This is a great place to go. At the entrance there is a shop with local handicrafts also toilets too.

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed September 18, 2019

This was my favourite national park in Madagascar. There are plenty of wild Lemurs - we saw the bear-like Indri , as well as the diademeds and a few nocturnal ones as well. The walk through the forest is not that hard although you do have to bend your way through branches etc. You need to go with a guide - my advice is to do some research on the guides before you go and follow a recommendation if you can. I was hoping for more indepth information on the lemurs but felt our guides were more focused on spotting the lemurs and making sure we got the best photos rather than imparting knowledge. As with most wildlife tours these days , there are crowds of people around the lemurs when they are found - am told this can be up to 300 people at a time. It was already around 100 when I was there. Avoid the July - Sept time frame if that is going to annoy you. Despite the crowds, I still found this to be the most interesting forest to visit - especially with the cry of the Indri floating through the trees. You'll need binoculars and long lenses to really see the lemurs - these are wild lemurs and they tend to stick high up in the trees. It was a privilege to be able to see them.

Date of experience: July 2019
1  Thank sarah m
Reviewed September 9, 2019

another great spot to see lemurs in the wild. I was lucky cause I had a great guide. He showed me around everything and told me a lots of things about lemurs and the park.

Date of experience: August 2019
1  Thank alpkorhan
Reviewed September 8, 2019 via mobile

Spent 24 hours at Andasibe to spot for lemur. Wildlife spotting was good, guides work together to share the sightings. Sightings are generally good, but lemur tend to get higher than other primates so it’s harder to photograph without at least a 200mn lens

But throughout the experience couldn’t help but think it wasn’t the rainforest experience I was expecting. I’ve been through rainforest in Congo, Brazil, Indonesia etc and this didn’t come close.

After leaving I found out Andasibe National Park is actually replanted forest which explains why the tree cover seemed so young

So overall I’m a bit conflicted. It’s good to go an try to preserve the wildlife, but also it perfectly captures the problem in Madagascar where the deforestation problem is worse than anywhere I’ve been.

Date of experience: September 2019
3  Thank compasstotheworld
Reviewed September 3, 2019

We did two daytime walks in two different sites in this National Park over 2 days. One site did require 4WD cars to access the park through a local small forest village (nice to see), riding over potholes on a clay rough road, the other by tour coach. With the help of amazing local guides, we managed to see quite a bit of wildlife. From the Indri lemurs, a family of sifakas with baby, and the small bamboo lemurs. As well as chameleons, a leaf tailed gecko (very rare), and a few head bobbing tenrecs or hedgehogs. The mist in the mornings also makes for some spectacular photos. The walks were not too strenuous either.

Date of experience: September 2019