“Everybody likes this”

41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 101 helpful votes
“Everybody likes this”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

This is one of the greatest autumn experiences. Pick a pumpkin, get a bunch of apples from the barn. Have your family picture taken in front of the sign. But the best reason to visit here is the apple pie and doughnuts. Since taking my children and grand kids here a few years ago I have to go out there every autumn to buy doughnuts and ship them across the country. It is a visit I look forward to every year. I try to schedule it when my wife is busy so I can have an extra slice of pie. The gift shop and delicatessen always has treasures to buy and take home for gifts. Good prices.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Mike M

Rockton, Illinois
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Awesome Year After Year!”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

The firs place I take my family every fall. Can't wait to go back this year! The apple cider donuts are the best ever and I start to crave them every September! The gifts and other food items are amazing! My fall would not be the same without them!

Visited October 2011
1 Thank Jeaneil L
Rockford, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“YEARLY FALL EVENT FOR ME!”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We go to Edwards Apple Orchard yearly. I don't live real far from Edwards. I would say about a 30 minute drive. They have fresh, hot homemade apple cider donuts, fresh cider & of course several different apples you can purchase & sample before buying. They have certain days you can pick your own apples & pumpkins. My 2 children are grown now, but they still go & we have had many great memories & pictures from Edwards Apple Orchard. They also have a huge barn you can walk through & sample many goodies & homemade fudge & gift items all Fall theme most of them you can purchase. They always have a bench that they put the year painted on for great pictures, which I have many over the years. Very highly recommended. Children of all ages will love this place!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Vicki1955
Rockton, Illinois
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“It's a tradition”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Our family visits several times a year. My Mom even comes from Arizona when she can. The donuts are the big draw! I take them to most events during the fall season. You can freeze them too. It's a great way to spend an afternoon. I would suggest going on a day when the weather is questionable. Not so crowded and then you can shop, eat and play with less people.

1 Thank antwo5
Rockford, Illinois
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“A family tradition for many”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Edwards Apple Orchard is on "must do" list every fall--along with many other people who live in the area. Since a tornado tore through the orchard several years ago, the family has rebuilt the shopping and eating areas and they are better than ever. My family loves the apple pie with cheese (try it, you'll like it!). The orchard sells the best apple cider for miles around. Also not to be missed are the apple cider donuts---warm. Yum.

Visited October 2011