“Awesome Dive Operation in a Fantastically Beautiful Reef Area”
Review of Moorea Fun Dive

Moorea Fun Dive
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Hauru
Reviewed August 24, 2018

We did 6 dives with Moorea Fun Dive in August 2018. They are fantastic. Xavier and Angie took excellent care of us. The reefs there are fantastically beautiful. We have done 150 dives in the Caribbean and Hawaii and here is one of the best places we have dove. We say Lemon sharks on 5 out of 6 dives including some 8' 9' guys. Saw many different species of fish we have never seen before. They help you put your gear on and off and many dives you take your gear off in the water and they pull it up and you climb out of boat without 50 lbs of dive gear, very nice service. They can keep your gear for you if you like to avoid hauling it back to the hotel. We even took pictures of the sea turtles for them to use in a scientific study of turtle movement patterns in French Polynesia. The gear was very good quality. A few things that are different diving in Moorea and Bora Bora. We dove with a different operator in Bora Bora. They do not have a water tub for your dive camera. No employee stays on the boat, all are dive masters and go under with you. The dive ladders only have a step on one side and do not have two steps side by side for both of your feet. The gear did not have a depth gauge. I take my own dive computer so not a problem. They let us stay down longer at the end of the dive staying close to the boat since we had more air left than the other divers. This is a sign of great concierge service. We would love to dive with them again.

Date of experience: August 2018
"email communication"
"beautiful reef"
"different locations"
in 3 reviews
"different species of fish"

Reviewed July 8, 2018

Moorea Fun Dive is THE place to go in Moorea to have a fantastic diving experience! My husband and I did our first ocean dives with Angie and Xavier and they were absolutely wonderful! They took every measure to make sure that we were comfortable and ready to dive. They have a wide variety of dive sites that they took us to, all of which were brimful with sea life. We saw everything from sea turtles to lemon sharks and the dive sites were fantastically beautiful. We were so enamored with Angie and Xavier that we decided that we would do all of our dives with them (6 in total) while we were in Moorea! Since we were beginner divers, they both took the time to impart their vast diving knowledge to us and we were so very grateful to learn from their experience. As we toured the ocean, they made sure to point out all the interesting sea life while respecting the environment around them. They were extremely helpful when we were trying to fine tune our weight and buoyancy. Marie was also so very kind to pick us up and drop us off to our hotel at the Intercontinental every time we dove. Moorea Fun Dive is top notch, their customer service is amazing, and the dives were the most fun we had during our vacation at Moorea. If you are looking for a dive center with kind, compassionate, experienced, and professional dive masters and instructors as well as a dive center that will take you to a number of exciting dive sites teeming with sea life, Moorea Fun Dive is a perfect choice! Thank you so very much for everything Angie, Marie, and Xavier!

Reviewed July 7, 2018

I did a 2-tank morning dive with Moorea Fun Dive and had a fantastic experience with them.
Right out the gate, there was excellent e-mail communication with Marie where she answered all my questions.I highly appreciate that they did not bait the sharks/feed the fish. Furthermore, I loved the smaller group size and laid back vibe from Marie/Angie. Their loaner gear is in good shape, and from quality brands (Scubapro, Mares).

We saw plenty of black tips, sea turtles, and beautiful corals. Other dive highlights included a moray eel, a stonefish, a yellowfin tuna, and clownfish darting in and out of their anemones.

Angie was an attentive and safe guide. She gave briefings for each dive site in English and French. Descents and ascents were coordinated well and she clearly knew the dive sites well. Tasty/refreshing tea and crackers were also served during the surface interval. My only grievance is I didn't have the time for more dives with them!

1  Thank lesolano91
Reviewed July 4, 2018

Went diving four times with the Fun Dive team. They had pickup and delivery service from my resort. A very relaxed atmosphere and a very knowledgeable dive team. Had an opportunity to dive with Lemon Sharks and this was my very first dive experience with any type of shark. Even though Lemon Sharks are timid I was still concerned. They were very helpful in explaining everything and putting my concerns (fears lol) at ease. Saw lots of marine life and we dove at a spot with giant green sea turtles. I highly recommend diving with Fun Dive over all others in Moorea.