“Guaranteed Fun Dives!”
Review of Moorea Fun Dive

Moorea Fun Dive
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Hauru
Reviewed July 8, 2018

Moorea Fun Dive is THE place to go in Moorea to have a fantastic diving experience! My husband and I did our first ocean dives with Angie and Xavier and they were absolutely wonderful! They took every measure to make sure that we were comfortable and ready to dive. They have a wide variety of dive sites that they took us to, all of which were brimful with sea life. We saw everything from sea turtles to lemon sharks and the dive sites were fantastically beautiful. We were so enamored with Angie and Xavier that we decided that we would do all of our dives with them (6 in total) while we were in Moorea! Since we were beginner divers, they both took the time to impart their vast diving knowledge to us and we were so very grateful to learn from their experience. As we toured the ocean, they made sure to point out all the interesting sea life while respecting the environment around them. They were extremely helpful when we were trying to fine tune our weight and buoyancy. Marie was also so very kind to pick us up and drop us off to our hotel at the Intercontinental every time we dove. Moorea Fun Dive is top notch, their customer service is amazing, and the dives were the most fun we had during our vacation at Moorea. If you are looking for a dive center with kind, compassionate, experienced, and professional dive masters and instructors as well as a dive center that will take you to a number of exciting dive sites teeming with sea life, Moorea Fun Dive is a perfect choice! Thank you so very much for everything Angie, Marie, and Xavier!

All reviews
"different locations"
in 3 reviews
"sea turtles"
in 5 reviews
"different species of fish"
"nurse sharks"
"french polynesia"
in 6 reviews
"these guys"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed July 7, 2018

I did a 2-tank morning dive with Moorea Fun Dive and had a fantastic experience with them.
Right out the gate, there was excellent e-mail communication with Marie where she answered all my questions.I highly appreciate that they did not bait the sharks/feed the fish. Furthermore, I loved the smaller group size and laid back vibe from Marie/Angie. Their loaner gear is in good shape, and from quality brands (Scubapro, Mares).

We saw plenty of black tips, sea turtles, and beautiful corals. Other dive highlights included a moray eel, a stonefish, a yellowfin tuna, and clownfish darting in and out of their anemones.

Angie was an attentive and safe guide. She gave briefings for each dive site in English and French. Descents and ascents were coordinated well and she clearly knew the dive sites well. Tasty/refreshing tea and crackers were also served during the surface interval. My only grievance is I didn't have the time for more dives with them!

1  Thank lesolano91
Reviewed July 4, 2018

Went diving four times with the Fun Dive team. They had pickup and delivery service from my resort. A very relaxed atmosphere and a very knowledgeable dive team. Had an opportunity to dive with Lemon Sharks and this was my very first dive experience with any type of shark. Even though Lemon Sharks are timid I was still concerned. They were very helpful in explaining everything and putting my concerns (fears lol) at ease. Saw lots of marine life and we dove at a spot with giant green sea turtles. I highly recommend diving with Fun Dive over all others in Moorea.

Reviewed June 20, 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed our dive. The staff was friendly and knew what they were doing. Equipment was good. We drove with lemonsharks, Reef sharks, turtles, and many other fish. My dive could only be better if one of the other customers was better controlled. Three times this woman ran into me because she couldn't control herself. She also kept grabbing the coral and shoved her go pro in the turtles face, which is a huge padi no no. Honestly wish I could have gone again because the woman put a damper on the experience. Loved the boat ride over to the dives and great diving experience.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 18, 2018

Just finished some dives in Moorea with my newly certified 12-year old granddaughter. It was her first warm water dive, and deeper than the 25 ft. checkout dives she had done in the US. Angie and Xavier were professional, caring and personal as they guided us in our experiences. They tailored the dives to all those on board, insuring an excellent experience for all.We saw a variety of underwater life, including beautiful coral formations, lemon sharks, sea turtles and many colorful reef fish. Couldn't imagine a better set of guides than these two divemasters!