“A Few Issues But Really Nice Staff”

Super 8 Pontoon Beach IL/St. Louis MO Area
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Pontoon Beach
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We reserved this room because we would be 2 hours from home while my husband was having what we thought would be same day surgery. It ended up being a 3 night stay because the surgery was more extensive than originally thought. Overall the room was clean and in good shape. However, we had reserved a handicap accessible room since I thought my husband would be staying overnight after his surgery. The bathroom is one of my areas of inconvenience. I think the fixtures need to be updated because the shower handle was so hard to turn that I couldn't imagine how a disabled person could use it. My only other complaint is that for some reason every single evening I had to get my door card re-programmed because it would not work. The staff was very nice and apologetic about the card issue, and helped in other ways as well so I appreciated that since this was a stressful time for my husband and myself.

Room Tip: Rooms 104 & 105 are handicap accessible.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Super 8 Pontoon Beach IL/St. Louis MO Area

Reviewed June 6, 2012

The room we were put in had a bad tv, they moved us across the hall to a double queen room, and it was much, much nicer. This is an older hotel, but they are making an effort to keep it up. The customer service was great. The bed was very comfortable, the channel selection was better than most. They do not have a designated are for semi parking, but there is a dead-end road right in front that was convenient. For the price, this was about average. The room was clean, drains worked, all in all we got our money's worth.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Kathy C
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I found the Super 8 in Pontoon Beach to be clean, with good service from a friendly staff and a good value. My King room provided plenty of space and a very comfortable bed. The wireless internet worked great and the TV had plenty of channels to choose from. I would certainly stay here again when in the area and need budget priced lodging.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Stayed at the Super 8 Jan. 2012 for one night. Just needed a clean, convenient place to stay near Granite City, Ill for a funeral. The 2QB non-smoking room was very clean and comfortable. The price was excellent, $70 total. The breakfast is the very typical continental minimalism; pastry, 1 type of dry cereal in a dispenser, unattractive fresh fruit, juice from a dispenser, and a waffle maker. Just good enough to get you out the door without starving.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 20, 2011

Staff was great and happy to assist you in any way posible. Room was nice and clean, comfy, and well organized. Had Nice big King bed with fridge and micowave. Internet was fast and reliable. Breakfast could use little makeover. Great rate for super service.I would stay here again when I am in town.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2011

My husband and I were in the area for a conference in St. Louis. This property was conveniently located to access the downtown hotel at a fraction of the cost of staying downtown. However, if I were to be in the area again--I would find another motel in this community. Arriving midweek (during the school year)--it appeared that most of the guests were construction type workers from out of the area using this as a residential type resource. Continental breakfast had minimal offerings. This motel is in need of some updating.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 21, 2011

My wife and I stayed here the day before and the day after returning from vacation. The staff was nice and let me park my car in the hotel parking lot while we were away. The building is in very nice shape and both rooms we stayed in were very clean. The bed was super comfortable - great coffee in the am - no noise, SUPER clean! Staff was freindly and helpful..Overall, It was a very nice stay and we would definitely stay there again for the price

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pontoon Beach
Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch
Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark
Magnolia Hotel St. Louis
Magnolia Hotel St. Louis
#9 of 121 in Saint Louis
Hampton Inn - St. Louis Downtown at the Gateway Arch

Been to Super 8 Pontoon Beach IL/St. Louis MO Area? Share your experiences!