“Best I have found in the area, but that's not saying much”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Pontoon Beach
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Pontoon Beach
Reviewed September 12, 2011

The place is moderately clean, the staff is always great.

I stay here when visiting SIU-Edwardsville because I tried some of the other local hotels and they are terrible. I wouldn't book this one if I was on vacation, but for my weekend trips to the school it does fine.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed August 26, 2011

These hotels are always good and the servce at this one was also very good.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 7, 2011

Cons: Mostly clean room but VERY stained sheets. The phone system does not function properly. It has keys for Housekeeping/Front Desk/ Maintenance however they don't work. When I called the Front Desk between 11-12am (not sure exact time) off & on for 20 min I got no answer to my call. Night clerk was still working when we checked out & when I asked him what happened to him he didn't know because he WAS there the whole time.
Pros: So I called and spoke to the manager after we got settled. He said the stains were from too much iron content in the water ( it looked like old brown stains from blood but his explanation is plausible). He said he would address the problem immediately and apologized.
We stayed in a room that accomodated 4 children and 3 adults comfortably ( if I could've overlooked the dadburned sheets). It was a quick drive from Lambert International Airport (YAY!) and the bathroom was very clean. We didn't use the pool but it was clean as well and while small, it looked very well maintained. There is also a workout room which I also didn't use. They provide a decent continental breakfast and have a room for internet use and I can't remember for sure about Wi-Fi as I was WAY too tired and concerned about the sheets. ;D

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 12, 2010

I was booked at the Holiday Inn Express, Pontoon Beach by my employer. It is in the middle of nowhere, with two Denny's within a 1/2 mile radius. There is also a Taco Bell, and Mc Donalds within the same radius. The staff is friendly, and hard working. My room is a jacuzzi suite on the first floor, near the laundry, ice machine, and work out area. My stay is for three weeks.

It is a no frills place, lots of smokers in a no smoking facility.. The single thing I hate about a non smoking hotel is that all the smokers like to hang at the front door sharing their smoke farts with the rest of us. My room has an evening cloud flowing from my bathroom fan from smokers somewhere in this place. The staff has offered me another room, but why should I move, why not the smoker??

Not a bad stay, I have had worse.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 26, 2010

My wife, 3 small children and myself stayed 3 days at this hotel. We booked the kids suite, didn't know exactly what to expect. Room was very spacious, clean, the kids loved the bunk-beds. The staff was friendly and the free breakfast every morning was very good and a great money saver with 3 kids. The location was perfect for us as my sister lived 2 blocks away and it was close to St. Louis attractions. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2010

This was my first stay here; I accompanied my husband on a business trip. He picked it for its location. I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the room and hotel, as well as the friendly & courteous staff. The only glitch was the toilet was running very slowly, and the next morning it would not drain down - we were checking out at that time so I advised the desk clerk upon check out and he called maintenance. The beds are very comfortable. We had a room located above the front entrance and in the morning we could hear some talking outside but when the A/C kicked in you couldn't hear it. I would definately stay here again, but I would request a room that is not above the front entrance..

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 15, 2008

Picture looks great, but what we experienced is a ceiling that had water damage, mattresses that were very uncomfortable and out of date, and a roach in the bathroom at 5:00 am. Not the stay I expected. Management would not approve a transfer to a different location even when complaint was logged upon check in. Tried to resolve with priority club, but they can only work with local ownership. Avoid if at all possible.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
No photo provided
Regency Park Hotel
#3 of 7 in Pontoon Beach
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#2 of 17 in Maryland Heights
La Quinta Inn & Suites O'Fallon, IL - St. Louis

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Pontoon Beach? Share your experiences!