“Nicest Hotel At This Exit”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Pontoon Beach
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Pontoon Beach
Veneta, Oregon
“Nicest Hotel At This Exit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

I work for a trucking company near this hotel and from time to time I need a day off. I've stayed at all the hotels at this exit and Sleep Inn is by far the nicest place to stay. Its the newest of the group, always clean, smells nice, large breakfast/eating area and never had a problem with criminal activity, due to the police station right next door. There are two Denny's at this exit, along with McDonald's, Taco Bell, a gas station and a truck stop.

• Stayed May 2013
Vicki R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pontoon Beach, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for your comment, we are looking forward to seeing you in the future. We appreciate you choosing Sleep Inn & Suites for your stay!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Greek first
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

After changing hotels 3 different times, we finally stumbled across the Sleep Inn. The front desk staff was very welcoming and accommodating for our late arrival. Got us into our room right away without any problems. When we got to the room it was very nice and clean. Breakfast was AMAZING and front desk girl was very friendly and polite when we checked out. Such a sweetheart. Will definitely stay again if we ever come back to the St. Louis area. We need more hotels like this!!!!

Room Tip: Don't even bother with the hotels in the area, Sleep Inn was by far the best. Awesome service an...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Elkhart, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Upon being in our room 7 minutes, we received a call from the front desk that we could not stay. Why? because they alleged when I had booked, I said for two adults. Not likely when I have a and 7yo. However, I asked if we could pay the difference. He said he would call the manager and let me know. She said no. We had to leave. Funny part is the website advertises as 4 max occupancy and we were not allowed that. they have also charged my credit card 102.50 which they said they would not and we now have a misc charge of 151.25 from the same hotel using a different title on my credit card statement. This hotel is shady; the employees are rude and the manager needs to find a job NOT in customer relations. You stay here, you are asking for it. Go across the street to the Hoilday Inn Express who were MORE than happy to take in my children and I and give us a room for LESS than this dump.

Room Tip: Do not book here; your room may NOT be guaranteed even though I booked OVER a month ago.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Linda S
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

The hotel wasn't that bad, but the staff was horrible! The GM came out in lingerie and was very rude and snippy. Our reservation wasn't found, the breakfast food was cold, and we found a lot of pubic hair and some bodily fluids in our room's bathroom >_<

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Vb201
Illinois City, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

Horrible stay.
Contracted a group rate with our large group --got the "bait and switch" once arriving.
They finally agreed upon 10 dollars more than quoted.
Manager nowhere to be found.
Male receptionist making personal phone calls with customers there--making us wait to check in.
Room shared a wall with the Elevator! yep... no sleep all night
Air conditioner would not stay on ..kept cycling with a loud start up each time it got very hot.
Yep... woke up every time it cycled.
Funky smell in hallway... mold???
Spend the extra money and go to a nicer hotel in St. Louis.
Internet connection poor/nonexistent on 3rd floor.

Room Tip: do not get 3rd floor if you want internet do not get room anywhere near elevator do NOT choose thi...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank sleepy99
Lebanon, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

I have never been treated to discourteously anywhere I have stayed. We visit the area about every 8-10 weeks and decided to stay at the sleep inn because it was a little less expensive than the place we usually stay, and we were renting 2 rooms for this visit. I have stayed there before, actually 2 years ago when my grandson was born. It was obviously the LAST time there was a GM there who was not rude and dismissive. Breakfast was a terrible sham. The food is put out in the early morning and what is put out sits there. It is never stirred or replaced and gets overheated and the eggs develop a nasty crust while the sausage burned and hard. Nothing is replaced so if you are not there when the food is put out it will either be nasty or, if there are actually people staying there, just GONE, and not refilled.
There is a very nice sitting area in the back, but there is no shade for the daytime heat and there are NO LIGHTS out there so it is useless for sitting outside in the evening so the children can play outside a bit before bed, or for anything really. There is a parking lot and stairs out there too so no lighting s a safety risk.
And then, after we had checked out I received a call from the GM accusing us of stealing 3 pillows from my son's room. I contacted him and he told me they had stored the pillows in the closet because they were so bad they ended up BUYING pillows from a local store. I called the GM back and told her where the pillows were and there was no apology at all for the false accusation (nor any comment on the fact that the pillows were so BAD we had to go buy our own for our week long stay. She actually had found the pillows before I called her back because there was a message on my voice mail saying they had found them. And again, NO apology. Just a very curt, rude and hateful message. Right now, Choice Hotels would have to pay ME to enter one of their hotels.

Room Tip: Rooms are fine. Bring your own pillows and keep a close count of everything so you are not accused o...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Molly W
Hollywood
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

I loved everything about my stay here. The front desk was very friendly and a lot of help when I wanted to check in and see all the hotel had to offer. I believe her name was Samantha. When I got to the room it was very clean, which is hard to find these days at any hotel branch. My kids absolutely loved the pool/ hot tub area, and the breakfast was to die for! I would recommend this hotel to everyone! Thank you Sleep Inn I will definitely be staying with you again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Regency Park Hotel
#3 of 7 in Pontoon Beach
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Edwardsville
Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis-Edwardsville

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Pontoon Beach? Share your experiences!