“Excellent!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Plano B&B and Inns
Countryside, Illinois
“Excellent!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

If you want a short trip and get away from all the Chicago crazyness for a weekend, this is the place to be! Mary Kay is the best innkeeper that myself or fiancee have ever encountered. She upgraded us to a suite, for no extra cost, for our anniversary. Her hospitality went above and beyond all expectations! The estate itself is almost very well maintained and great place to unwind. Will definately be coming back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Mary Kay S, Owner at The Historic Homestead, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Happy Anniversary-Thank you for selecting to celebrate at The Homestead! I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Grand Ledge, Michigan
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Mary Kay is an incredible host! She even picked up my daughter and I late in the night when our train came in. Breakfast was much more than I expected and she even catered to my daughters wants on the second morning! The rooms are wonderful! I am planning at least two more trips to Homestead in the next year! One with my husband and one with the family! Thank you for going above and beyond! It was a memorable 16th birthday for my daughter!

Room Tip: We traveled from Chicago Union Station to Aurora via train and found it to be the least expensive ro...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the nice words. What a great time helping you to provide a wonderful birthday gift to your daughter. I look forward to meeting the rest of your family and seeing you again!
Berlin
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Such a wonderful and gracious hostess, Mary Kay went above and beyond to make our stay a memorable one. From the homemade Lavendar cookies, to the hot toddys before bed, to the full gourmet breakfast in the morning, it was a culinary delight. Our rooms were quaint and the beds extremely comfortable. Not one nicety was overlooked. Mary Kay made us feel as if we were not guest in her home but family. I will definately be coming back in the future. Peggy B - Berlin WI

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Mary Kay S, Owner at The Historic Homestead, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for the kind review of your stay. Chet and I were so delighted to have you stay at The Homestead and look forward to your return!
Mequon, Wi
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Truly a relaxing place to unwind. We needed this night and it was more than
our expectations. Mary Kay and Chet were wonderful hosts with a setting
that proved to be relaxation extraordinary!!!!! More than a 5 Star B & B.
You will find it a wonderful experience.
Thanks.
The Wontors Mequon, WI

Room Tip: Be sure and see Sandwitch, IL antiques. It was the BEST!!!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Mary Kay S, Owner at The Historic Homestead, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Chet and I had a lovely time getting to know you during your stay at The Homestead! Thank you for spending some time in Plano and the surrounding communities. We look forward to seeing you again!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 22, 2013

This place is what I needed after a long day driving, nothing to say unless is that this place is awesome! I loved that I could walk to the train station so I was able to rest more. It was very cold so I didn't spend as much time as I wanted in the labyrinth. I will be back this summer!

5 stars!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I recently went for a girls weekend at The Historic Homestead. It was my first experience staying at a B&B and what a pleasant experience! The owners were so delightlful, charming and accomodating to our needs. I could have spent the weekend inside looking at all the detailed painting inside and relaxing, but it was so beautiiful outside we spent time on the patio just relaxing and at night sitting in the library was so much fun laughing with my friends. The bed was comfy and everything was clean and immaculate. Every room was simply amazing, The breakfast was wonderful, tasty and the portions were big. I can't wait to go back! You won't be disappointed! Linda from WI

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Wow, how wonderful that you so enjoyed your girl's weekend at The Homestead! Thank you for sharing about your experience, and for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to your next weekend, or weekday, get away!
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 5, 2013

My first Bed and Breakfast stay and what a wonderful time. I did not know what to expect but what a surprise. The house is rich with history and everywhere you look something interesting to look at. The grounds are inviting and you have to do the maze and labyrinth or just sit on the patio and relax. Every comfort is thought of and you will never want to get out of the comfortable beds but you will, for the breakfast which was over the top and I must have the recipes. Went for a girls weekend and wanted to stay longer, you will not be disappointed. So get online and book your stay, I will be back. Lynn S. from WI

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for the kind review-what a wonderful women's weekend! How great, and thank you, for selecting The Homestead as your first experience bed and breakfast experience! Looking forward to your next visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plano
Hampton Inn Yorkville
Hampton Inn Yorkville
#1 of 2 in Yorkville
Super 8 Yorkville
Super 8 Yorkville
#2 of 2 in Yorkville
Timber Creek Inn & Suites
Harrison House Bed & Breakfast

Been to The Historic Homestead? Share your experiences!