“Just a perfect get away!”

The Historic Homestead
Ranked #1 of 1 Plano B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 17, 2013

My husband and I recently had the privlege of spending 2 nights at the elegant Homestead. It is the perfect get away made even more special by the owners Mary Kay & Chet. It was my second stay and my husband's first opportunity to join me. We will certainly be back. There are so many places to explore in the area; many are so unexpected but absolutely delightful. We highly recommend a get away to The Homestead! Thank you Mary Kay & Chet!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Pat M
Mary Kay S, Owner at The Historic Homestead, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

What an honor to have you return to The Homestead-this time with your husband! Thank you for the kind comments. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I had the honor of staying at The Homestead during a shoot recently, and let me just preface this review by saying: WOW! What a gem of a place! Mary Kay and Chet were absolutely fabulous hosts, always greeting us with a smile and a helping hand while putting up with our early call times and long shoot days. The rooms were all comfortable, and the food was delicious. If you ever find yourself in the lovely city of Plano, definitely give The Homestead a try! I look forward to coming back soon.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Matt M
Mary Kay S, Owner at The Historic Homestead, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

It was my and Chet's pleasure to have you as a guest to The Homestead-we are impressed with your dedication and passion and can not wait to watch the film! All our best and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I was looking for a peaceful place where I would be surrounded by beauty and hospitality as I planned worship for Lent and prepared myself for the Lenten season. I got that and much more at the Homestead. The beauty and uniqueness of each room, the quiet restful atmosphere and comfortable sleeping accommodations were all part of the wonderful experience, but what was most special about The Homestead was Mary Kay and Chet. From the moment I stepped through the door, I was welcomed and made to feel that they had been waiting just for me. They made me feel like they really wanted me there, and that they existed to share this special place with me. They went out of their way during the entire stay to make sure I had everything I needed. Chet worked hard to make sure the labyrinth was cleaned of snow each day. I woke to the wonderful smells of breakfast that were not the typical B&B fare, and ended each evening with the rich smell of warm lavender cookies. Mary Kay and Chet were so fun, knowing just the right balance between interaction and privacy. Mary Kay was especially helpful in suggesting places in the area to dine and visit. This place is a little treasure and Mary Kay and Chet are jewels in the treasure chest. And, it is reasonably priced. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone looking to be pampered.

Room Tip: There isn't a bad room in the whole house!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Fran LL L

Thank you for taking the time to provide such a nice review! Chet and I are so glad that you found The Homestead to be a peaceful place that allowed you to relax while working to prepare for the important work you. All our best and we look forward to your return!

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I recently stayed at The Homestead during a film shoot, and had a wonderful time. Mary Kay and Chet are fantastic hosts. They are very welcoming and Mary Kay made us delicious breakfast every morning! The house is full of character and history; it's fascinating. I highly recommend staying at The Homestead if you're looking for a weekend away from the city!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Allie K

And we loved having you here! What a treat to be able to get to know you and the other cast and crew of Girl's Blood. We are excited to see more of you, in person and on the big screen!

Reviewed February 6, 2013

The home has been magnificently restored to its former glory and yet it still manages to feel like "home". You relax in the evening with complimentary wine and cheese or homemade cookies. Breakfast has a rich variety each morning and is plentiful enough that you don't need lunch. I stay at a lot of bed and breakfasts and this is one of the best!

Room Tip: There is a suite complete with sitting room but the rest of the home is so comfortable I would by-pa...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Patricia R

Thank you so much for the wonderful and kind words about The Homestead! We are happy to know that everything meets great standards. We look forward to having you return.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Wonderful house pluming with character!

A must stay, I must say!

Chet & Mary Kay are the best hosts and brightest characters you could ever ask to hold you up for the night. They are supremely divine at giving you complete privacy and a delicious breakfast. The artwork throughout the house is stunning and counts for only part of the houses character rich in History and decor. Each room has it's own unique character sure to visually please your taste. LOTS TO CHOOSE FROM! Best ambiance and visually pleasing Bed & Breakfast you could ask for. I would love to go back!

p.s. I wore my bathrobe every minute I was there. And I'd do it again!

Room Tip: I stayed in the suite on the first floor. It use to be Chet and Mary Kay's room until they refi...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Matt P
Mary Kay S, Owner at The Historic Homestead, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Thank you for your kind words Matt. Chet and I enjoyed hosting the Girl's Blood cast and crew-how wonderful that The Homestead(and robes) appeals to the Millennial Generation We wish all of you the best of luck and look forward to seeing your faces, and names on the Big Screen!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

my girlfriends and i stayed here for a girls weekend and loved it!
mary kay and chet are the greatest hosts -- their warm hospitality made us feel so welcome
breakfast was delicious -- mary kay also welcomed us in the afternoon with wine and cheese, and left a plate of cookies in the evening
the home is a gem -- awesome architecture and the decor is all period appropriate and mary kay was very knowledgeable about the history of the building
she also went out of her way to provide a lot of information in advance about things for us to do (shopping, going to parks, historic sites, etc.)
extremely clean, all the details (comfy robes & slippers, rain shower heads, thick towels, etc.), comfortable -- everything was perfect!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Denise,
With so many options to choose from, thank you for selecting The Homestead for the place to get together with your friends! What a pleasure to meet you- a most inspiring woman!

Been to The Historic Homestead? Share your experiences!