“diner”

Larry's Diner
Ranked #41 of 116 Restaurants in Plainfield
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 16, 2012

coffee old, burnt. food has been better other times. could be chefs or owners.

1  Thank darlita

Reviewed January 31, 2011

We love going to Larrys for breakfast. It's excellent food and value with very generous portions. I've had both lunch and dinner there in the past, but breakfast is definitely their thing.
Well worth a visit!

1  Thank LadyWhoLunchesLots
Reviewed October 24, 2009

We ate here a couple of times shortly after we first moved to Plainfield a few years ago and then again maybe five or six years ago. I didn't like it either time. It is truly a greasy spoon diner, or at least it was when we were last there. The interior was run down, it was loud, and the service wasn't that great due to understaffing and overcrowding. Neither my wife nor I cared for any of this or the food, so we just stopped going there.

Would I go back? Nope.

Reviewed June 1, 2009

My husband and I used to frequent this place several years ago. All it took was for my husband to find a dead fly in his jello and we stopped going. It wasn't so much about the fly...it was the response we got when we told the owner about it. He kind of just lauged it off. Did not give us a discount, did not say "sorry". Really rubbed us the wrong way.

I do have to say that the food is good, the waiters are very good. The place has been around for a long time so they must be doing something right. There have been a couple times that we have debated whether to go back, but we just can't shake the "FLY" episode. We really thought the response was RUDE!!

1  Thank lilswty
Reviewed May 25, 2009

Stopped here for lunch. Typical family diner. Large size portions, good prices and friendly staff. Decor I guess needs updating, but it was clean and tidy.