“HORRBILE SERVICE, DIRTY ROOMS, BUGS EVERYWHERE!!”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pinckneyville
CHICAGO
“HORRBILE SERVICE, DIRTY ROOMS, BUGS EVERYWHERE!!”
Reviewed August 18, 2010

The one positive thing I will say is that I was happy to find a motel with 2 king size beds. When we entered the motel to check in the front desk attendant did not even crack a smile the entire time, I felt as though I was wasting her time. So we walked into our room and noticed a musky smell, but considering we requested a smoking room, I figured the smell was probably from people smoking. We brought the kids down to the pool and I was disgusted, the entire pool was filled with wasps, hornets and some other big bugs, and the pool did not smell of chlorine, but a "lake" smell. When we went back up to our room, I pulled the top blanket off one of the beds and all of a sudden my 5 year old son, said to me, "look Mom I found a bottle of water." It was not a bottle of water but a bottle of vodka with a little left in the bottle. It must of been tucked under the blanket. I thought to myself what if he would have opened it and drank what was remaining? I went down to the front desk and the girl was like "ok, so do you want me to change your sheets?" I said no I wanted to talk to a manager, and she informed me I would have to wait until 8am, and speak to Py the manager. When I went to speak to her and told her about the pool and bottle of vodka her response was "ok, so what do you want me to do about it?" I replied I would like a discount, and she said she could not do that since I booked it through priceline. She did not apoligize and I actually thought she was pretty rude. The customer service as well as the cleanliness of this motel is horrible!!! Not to mention during the free breakfast there were flies everywhere!!! I have never been to a motel or hotel where not one person smiled, but I guess working in this dump I would not be smiling either! They definately need to attend some customer satisfaction training and some classes to learn how to clean!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank xtle13b
pypat83, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 11, 2010
I am extremely sorry that we were not able to deliver the high standard of service that we pride ourselves on. Please know that issues you mentioned have been addressed. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to provide your feedback. Py, Manager

Travelers are raving about these Pinckneyville hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pinckneyville
Fairgrounds Inn Du Quoin
#1 of 1 in Whittington
Briarwood Inn
Briarwood Inn
#2 of 4 in Sparta

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!