“Baseball Tourney gone right”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pinckneyville
Caseyville, Illinois
“Baseball Tourney gone right”
Reviewed July 30, 2011

Love this place. We came in town for a baseball tournament. The staff was the friendliest I have had the pleasure of meeting in a very long time. It seems as though the time of good customer service has gone by the way side, but not here. The rooms were clean and well stocked. Funny story.... we had all checked out because we thought the tourney was coming to an end, we got rained out. We all returned here to check back in. Imagine two complete baseball teams returning and needing rooms. The staff was very patient and found us all rooms.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank kellie1210
pypat83, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 1, 2011
Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to comment about our hotel, we all really appreciate it. It was wonderful having all of you stay at our hotel and glad that we were able to accomodate all of you. We would love to be of service to you again if you are ever in the area. Thank you!

Py

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Sterling, Illinois
Reviewed February 1, 2011

This was probably not the best hotel for cleanliness. The maids did a poor job of cleaning, such as taking shortcuts. The biggest thing would have been the sheets not being changed. I know this, because I used to work as a housekeeper in a hotel. If there is hair on the sheets, they have not been changed! This is disgusting, since this is someone else's dead skin cells on those sheets! I found a partially used shampoo bottle in the bathroom, which should have been discarded. The coffee pot had stains on it. The turntable in the microwave had a big stain on it, and there was also a stain behind the microwave. I also found garbage on the floor. In the morning, we were locked out of our room before check-out time. We had to have this corrected by the front desk.

• Stayed January 2011
1 Thank c7silvers
pypat83, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 16, 2011
We are extremely sorry that we were not able to deliver the high standard of service that we pride ourselves on to you. We credit our success in the lodging industry to providing good service and quality accommodations at affordable prices. We appreciate your willingness to take the time to let us know where improvement such as housekeeping is needed so that we may continue to maintain our high standards

Please know your feedback is very important to us and the issues you had mentioned have been resolved. So I thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to provide your feedback.

Py

Travelers are raving about these Pinckneyville hotels

North Augusta, South Carolina
Reviewed October 7, 2010

I booked the stay using Super 8's website. I had stayed here before and there was no pet charge, so when I only saw that "Pet's welcome" was on the website and no charge listed, I assumed it was as stated.

When I checked in, I was told that there was an additional charge for the pet. When I questioned this and stated that it was not on their website, the clerk got on their website and drilled down several pages until she found it on a page that was not used for reservations and stated that I should have found it there.

I then asked to cancel my stay and she told me that I had to give them 24 hours notice so they would charge me for tonight anyway. Talk about bait and switch: Oh, yeah, there's an extra charge and if you don't want to pay it, we'll charge you anyway.

Next time we'll stay in DuQuoin!

PS: For you pool lovers: The pool room was not designed, but simply built by the contractor, and therefore has no ventilation and no pool dehumidification system. It is so humid there that when they can't open the windows, condensed water literally rains from the ceiling, air devices, lighting, smoke/heat sensors, etc. The cheap particle board or OSB that the contractor used is sagging and when it gets wet (heavy) enough, it will come crashing down. For those of you familiar with HVAC systems, they have simply used a residential grade fan coil to condition this space.

Regarding the quality of the rooms, there are probably twenty black marks (probably from shoe soles) on the walls and other minor wall damage. The rack above the close hanger rod is broken too. I asked at the front desk and they said that they tracked the damage every day and wouldn't charge us for this damage. I hope this is true.

I recommend that you find someplace else for your stay.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank DBM_SC
pypat83, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 11, 2010
I am extremely sorry that we were not able to deliver the high standard of service that we pride ourselves on to your and your family. Please know your feedback is very important to us, so I thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to provide your feedback. Py, Manager
Bangor, Maine
Reviewed August 24, 2010

The few nights I spend at the Super 8 in Pinckneyville were enjoyable and without any major problems. The room (a non-smoking room with 2 double beds) was clean, though not fancy or brand new, and included a coffee maker, refridgerator, and microwave. We needed extra pillows, an iron and ironing board, and a few other things which the front desk assistant provided happily and with a smile. Even though she seemed pretty busy, she took the time to tell us about the restaurants in the area and give us directions to various places in town. Our room was missing a couple of bath towels, but she apologized and brought several directly to our door. The pool area could use some work, but it was clean. The breakfast was simple (bagels, english muffins, cereal, pastries, oatmeal, etc) but still more than many motels provide for their "continental breakfast" of donuts and coffee. For $65 plus tax on a weekend, this hotel was a pretty good deal.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wheresmaine
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to provide your feedback regarding our facility. We really appreciate your comments and hope to see you next time when you're in our area. Py, Manager
CHICAGO
Reviewed August 18, 2010

The one positive thing I will say is that I was happy to find a motel with 2 king size beds. When we entered the motel to check in the front desk attendant did not even crack a smile the entire time, I felt as though I was wasting her time. So we walked into our room and noticed a musky smell, but considering we requested a smoking room, I figured the smell was probably from people smoking. We brought the kids down to the pool and I was disgusted, the entire pool was filled with wasps, hornets and some other big bugs, and the pool did not smell of chlorine, but a "lake" smell. When we went back up to our room, I pulled the top blanket off one of the beds and all of a sudden my 5 year old son, said to me, "look Mom I found a bottle of water." It was not a bottle of water but a bottle of vodka with a little left in the bottle. It must of been tucked under the blanket. I thought to myself what if he would have opened it and drank what was remaining? I went down to the front desk and the girl was like "ok, so do you want me to change your sheets?" I said no I wanted to talk to a manager, and she informed me I would have to wait until 8am, and speak to Py the manager. When I went to speak to her and told her about the pool and bottle of vodka her response was "ok, so what do you want me to do about it?" I replied I would like a discount, and she said she could not do that since I booked it through priceline. She did not apoligize and I actually thought she was pretty rude. The customer service as well as the cleanliness of this motel is horrible!!! Not to mention during the free breakfast there were flies everywhere!!! I have never been to a motel or hotel where not one person smiled, but I guess working in this dump I would not be smiling either! They definately need to attend some customer satisfaction training and some classes to learn how to clean!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank xtle13b
I am extremely sorry that we were not able to deliver the high standard of service that we pride ourselves on. Please know that issues you mentioned have been addressed. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to provide your feedback. Py, Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pinckneyville
Americas Best Value Inn
Lake Cove Hotel
Lake Cove Hotel
#1 of 1 in Whittington
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sparta

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!