“Lunch time”

Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Maudlam
Cuisines: British, Bar, Welsh
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Great pub with a rural character and cosy, relaxed atmpsphere serving fresh homemade food all day. Restaurant, cask ale, beer garden, letting rooms and big outside children's play area. Breastfeeding friendly. Dog friendly bar area.
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Was driving to the seaside on a nice sunny day,popped into the pub for food.i was very pleased the chef knew what a medium steak was the onion rings were perfectly cooked and the chips were real not frozen. My wife had chicken again was perfectly cooked and my son had burger beans and chips.the service was very good as the meals came as ordered.the place is under new management and it was busy. There was a nice buzz inside as over half the tables were occupied always a good sign.the staff were attentive and made sure we had a baby seat for my daughter.
In conclusion it was a well presented meal in a very nice setting and I would recommend it to family and friends

1  Thank Phil3345

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Now under new management and there has been a huge improvement in both food and service. The menu is varied, excellent value for money and service comes with plenty of smiles. Would recommend you give The Angel a try, I will definitely be back!

Reviewed May 25, 2013

The first time I went in 2011 the meal was excellent. I had thai fishcakes with chips & a sweet chilli dip.

My second visit about a year later was terrible. I had the battered fish (cod I presume) with chips. Under the batter, the cod looked see-through & it tasted watery & bland. I could not finish my meal. I later found out that the pub was under new management.

I have been put off from returning, but local friends have encouraged me to try again as it is under MORE new management.

traceyg3112, Manager at The Angel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Hello, we hope you are well.
Here at The Angel Inn we always appreciate and value customer feedback, opinions and suggestions. It is extremely important to us that we provide good meals that are good value for money and that everyone has an enjoyable experience with us.
It is unfortunate that you have visited The Angel Inn in the past and didn't have a positive experience. We understand it can be frustrating when the management keeps changing. We have been open now for 7 weeks and the good news is we're here to stay!
We're very happy that some of your friends have visited us in the short time that we have been open and have recommended us to you. We also hope that you will come and see for yourself who we are and what we do - and leave a review based on your next visit.
We continuously strive to provide good food and drink in a welcoming environment that is suitable for all ages and hope you can come and visit us soon :)

Reviewed May 25, 2013

My husband and I had a lovely meal this evening, it was full but the service was second to none so welcoming and the steak was to die for a vast improvement on the old management and the Bass was good !!!

Reviewed May 25, 2013

I can definately recommend The Angel Inn, the food is amazing, have been three times since it was taken over and have encouraged all of the people I know to pay a visit. Visiting again this evening as they have live music, cant wait ...