“An Evening In Paradise”

St. Lucia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An Evening In Paradise”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

So I was out yesterday at Pigeon Island just checking out the area between Sandals Grande and the wall at Pigeon Island as I'm involved in a new Carnival cruise ship excursion that will be using this area of beach. Rather than have lunch at one of the new booths out there my wife suggested that we head on over to Jambe de Bois as she quite enjoyed it some time ago when she took a visiting cousin over there.

It was late in the afternoon and such a peacefully tranquil interlude just watching boats heading in and out of the bay. There was just a single sail boat in the entire bay out in front of Sandals and the Landings, the two hotels sitting on this north side of Rodney Bay.

My wife ordered batter fried calamari as an appetizer & I simply ordered a Red Stripe as the appetizer I wanted was not available and I didn't feel for anything else on the menu. The calamari that arrived was fried golden brown to perfection and the portion was substantial enough for my wife & I to partake.

Now I don't generally care for calamari as I find it, well, rather bland...but the combination of the golden brown fried batter around it, the accompanying dipping sauce as well as the side salad, made for an appetizer that I truly enjoyed.

Denyse (my wife) ordered a seafood lasagna which she again shared with me. Now I am not a pasta person, however I have to admit that this lasagna was spectacular.

The seafood had just the right flavour with hints of a variety of tastes and textures from the medley of ingredients that made up the seafood part of the lasagna. This was one lasagna that I certainly enjoyed, which was rather surprising seeing like how I don't really care for pasta.

Another Red Stripe was a must as Denyse and I just chilled and watched the evening shadows fall.

Dessert was chocolate cake, which for me, though not bad, was kinda dry, though Denyse said that she unreservedly enjoyed it.

Couple of things that really stood out for me to make this evening out rate so highly for me:

1. The wait staff were absolutely delightful, from the golden haired and spunky waitress Lanet to the ever smiling Marilyn who remembered my wife from her previous trip - probably because they are both Trinis...

2. Although we ordered just 1 appetizer and 1 entree there was sufficient food for both of us, though I suspect the fact that I wasn't really hungry went a long way towards this.

3. We had all this for less than EC$100/U$40! which was amazing value for money

4. The tranquility of the afternoon just looking out over the bay helped to make this a perfect evening out

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Kirk E

Dallas, Texas
“Great for lunch. Good Food.”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

At here for lunch. When we arrived they mistakenly gave us two drinks menu’s. So we slightly confused for a second. Once we got the menu we ordered quickly and good came promptly. DH goes the special. He licked the plate.  I got some fishcakes. All was good and we have no complaints.

• Visited May 2013
London
“Such a nice atmosphere”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

What a lovely lunch. The food was good, the service very nice and friendly and the atmosphere of the restaurant with its wooden furniture and island paints a delight. We had amazing mango daiquiri followed by mahi mahi and Kingfish curry all excellent.

• Visited June 2013
Manchester
“Enjoyable & relaxing Pigeon Island hideaway”
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Nice for snacks & lunch after hiking, exploring or sunbathing on Pigeon Island. Not worth a special trip but a very quirky relaxing beachside restaurant.

Visited June 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Cozy with a view”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

View overlooking Rodney Bay. The deck furniture was so cute. Each piece was different & looked like it was made from old ship parts, adorable. The staff was friendly & helpful. The fish fry was Phenomenal. The fresh mango daiquiri was soooo delicious. Nice relaxing place

• Visited May 2013