“Ecomomically Best Stay”

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Peru
Elmhurst, United States
“Ecomomically Best Stay”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Very good staff, friendly and inviting. I have stayed at this hotel several times now in the LaSalle/Peru, IL area. I am opening a new business here and the staff have been more than accommodating. I usually check in later in the evening and the staff has been excellent. This hotel needs to retain the staff because without them it becomes just another interstate hotel, with the same blah staffing.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Scott S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Chicago, IL, United States
Reviewed July 12, 2014

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was available when we arrived - no waiting. The room was clean with quite comfortable accommodations. Most of all the hotel was very pet friendly and the reason we selected LaQuinta - much appreciated!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed July 11, 2014

First, I do need to say that the staff was really nice and helpful. The problem was the number of times that I needed help during my stay! On the second day of my stay, they asked me to change rooms so that a handicapped person could have my ADA-accessible room. I was fine with this and happy to help, although I'm not sure why they booked me in that room if they knew a handicapped person was coming and the hotel wasn't full. I was happy to get out of that room though, because it smelled like stale smoke. The second room they put me in smelled AWFUL, like a dead mouse. I left the windows open for six hours while I was gone, and when I came back, it still smelled so bad that I had to ask to change rooms. Third room smelled like over-sprayed air freshener, but at least it was better than the other two smells. I had no internet access in any of the rooms that I stayed in. I was only able to connect to the Wi-Fi in the breakfast area. My first room wasn't super clean, there were several hairs in the bathroom that weren't mine when I arrived. When I checked out, they had charged me the wrong rate for my room. As I said, the staff was always very helpful, but there were a lot of problems along the way. It just wasn't the quality I expected from La Quinta, and it was not one of the nicer, more updated La Quintas that I have stayed at recently.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank llstoeke
Omaha
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night driving out east. Yikes! Barking dog on second floor we could hear clearly on the third floor. Tons of complaints. When we checked out no consideration was given for this either. Breakfast nothing special. Also do not stay in room 206 or 208. There is some kind of rattling that kept guests up. Management is aware.If Fairfield has openings it's worth the extra money.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Jalawlor
Plainfield
Reviewed June 21, 2014

This room was the same quality as other hotels we had stayed at on previous nights, but at a lower price due to not having a pet friendly fee. Good quality room for less than surrounding pet friendly hotels.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Rock Island, Illinois
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We just stayed here for the night to get away from our house, (we were visiting a resort near by) It was super nice, and clean... And we have 2 labs, ones HUGE and they let him stay for free, and were very nice!! I loved it! The room was super clean, Im pretty picky too because i have done housekeeping before.

The breakfast was good, im not a big fan of other peoples cooking, but my husband really enjoyed it once he figured out how to work the waffle thingy lol.

The pool had a very high Chlorine content but it was OK.
The hot tub was SUPER bubbly but the bubbles were pretty entertaining :)

I would totally recommend this hotel to someone staying in the area

Room Tip: Our room was the closest one to the lobby it was quiet.