“Pet friendly, clean”

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Peru
Utah
“Pet friendly, clean”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

As my husband and I were driving across the country with our little dog we planned our stops around La Quinta Hotel Chain locations because they allow pets with no extra charge, We have found this chain to be clean, well kept and have a hot breakfast. La Quinta also has a frequent stay plan if you travel a lot.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PJCUtah

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

Everything about this hotel screams low-rent, right down to the cheap one-ply toilet paper. We were told at check-in that breakfast ended at 9:00 so I got up earlier than I wanted to only to find out it went until 10:00. But it didn't make much difference because the waffle maker is the only draw and you have to be a linebacker to get near it. I finally got tired of waiting and decided to warm up an almost-frozen hard boiled egg. Bad decision, the egg exploded after 15 seconds in the microwave. The attendant chastised me for not cutting it up, which I had done. I finally got to make my waffle, only to find out from another guest that some of those ahead of me had been down there all morning and were on their 2nd or 3rd waffle. I guess the yolk was on me.

Our room was sweltering hot. I couldn't see running the A/C in October so I tried opening the window. Another mistake. You will be hard-pressed to sleep with the traffic noise from the interstate. And if that doesn't get you, the door slamming--which begins shortly after 8:00--will. I even had a personal fan next to my bed but it made no difference.

So I thought if nothing else I'd get to relax in the hot tub. Another joke. The temperature was about what the pool temp should be (around 80 degrees), so I shudder to think what the pool felt like. To top everything off, I expressed my disappointment at check-out and was given the cold shoulder. My last words were, "We didn't feel this place was up to the standard we'd expect." To which the attendant replied, "Well...you're with Hotwire so you're all set." Terrible.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Paul S
Navarre, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

Nice La Quinta. Comfortable beds. Updated rooms. Bathroom could use maintenance and updates. Breakfast adequate. Reasonable price. Good location close to shopping center. Somewhat noisy with heavy doors slamming and parking lot noise.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Great hotel chain or dog lovers! Always clean,usually remodeled, reasonably priced, great breakfasts and lots of locations. No questions asked about pets, and no problems with other pets that stay there..

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Moline, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

My husband, our 4-year old son, and I booked a room 2 weeks ago through Hotwire for a room in the LQ Inn in Peru, IL for September 28, 29, and 30, 2012. This was our first time staying at LQ, although we have stayed at various other inns and hotels on his military duties.

We checked in on Friday. At approximately 9:50 pm at night, I was lying in bed watching TV, and suddenly from nowhere, a black bug was crawling on my right forearm. I screamed and jumped, shaking off the bug. My husband called the front desk right away. The front desk lady minimized the problem by saying: “It is probably just a June bug. It happened before and they do not bite”. My husband and I insisted switching rooms. She said she would call us back with a decision. I felt asleep with my clothes on. My husband was woken up twice in the middle of the night with bugs crawling on his face and his arm. He must have pinched one of the bugs dead while he was half asleep and we found the dead bug in his bed the very next day (please see the attached pictures of the dead bug in the bed).

On the next day morning, my husband went to front desk for a solution since we planned to stay here from for three days. The front desk kept saying that we booked through Hotwire and there was nothing they could do in assisting us. My husband stated that we were still consumers in the hotel and requested for a reasonable solution. The front desk told us that their Manager Ms. Monet Parket was paged/called and she will give us a call. By the time we checked out on Sunday, the front desk clerk told us their manager has not called them. Neither did Ms. Parker call us after 36 hours of report of the incident.

6 Thank Jackie J
Arlington, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

We were skeptical about stopping for the night at this hotel in Peru IL, however we were in for a nice surprise. Very clean, service was very friendly, price was cheap, and they are pet friendly. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2012
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

La Quinta was recommended by our daughter in law and we were very impressed with the cleanliness and appointment of the room. Usually hotels showcase the lobby/public areas and skimp on the rooms but these were first rate.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Also consider these accommodations in or near Peru
Hampton Inn & Suites Peru
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Peru
Fairfield Inn & Suites Peru
Days Inn Oglesby/ Starved Rock
BEST WESTERN Oglesby Inn
Grizzly Jack's Grand Bear Resort

Been to La Quinta Inn Peru Starved Rock State Park? Share your experiences!