“Angel monet asst. G.M.a”

La Quinta Inn Peru Starved Rock State Park
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Peru
“Angel monet asst. G.M.a”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2011

A great place to stay.Check in was a dream ,monet very sweet and kind. We will pick this hotel,its very clean,service the best.never stayed at a better hotel than this,because of monet asst. G.M.
The cookies she bakes are the best!!!!

• Stayed August 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Lyons, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2011

The company I work with has a corporate partnership with LaQuinta so I decided I would try to take advantage of this benefit and stay at a LaQuinta property for the first time. I booked the room online like every other room I've booked for every other vacation I've taken. When we arrived to check in we were given a room with two twin beds, which would have been okay, but I reserved a room with a single king. When I went down to the front desk to see about getting it fixed I was told that this is why booking online isn't good and next time I should call. There's another company that didn't keep up with the evolution of technology, that company's name is Blockbuster, anyone know how they're doing? We were told that they only had one room with a single king left, but it was a smoking room, which I thought wasn't allowed at all per Illinois law. We said we'd take it since it was all that was left. We were early for check in and the room wasn't ready yet so we used the opportunity to see if any of the neighboring properties had rooms left and luckily the Fairfield Inn next door took us in giving us a room that was exactly what we were hoping for. It wasn't a completely bad experience, the lady working the front counter was extremely pleasant and friendly and I thank her for at least that much.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ScttChvz
West Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2011

Very friendly desk staff, clean room, smallish but sufficient pool & hot tub. Nice breakfast with waffle maker -and- helpful, accomodating staff who helped me find foods in the buffet that were safe for my food-allergic child.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2010

I stayed here several time,, love it . great location, great stuff, comfortable rooms, excellent pool, great breakfast, pet friendly !!!

Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Davenport, IA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2010

Check-in was quick. The room I was given was a smoking room, and when I asked to change to a non-smoking room, the front desk clerk did so with no hesitation. The room was clean and spacious. The Fitness Room had basic equipment - treadmill, recumbent bike, weight machine. Breakfast was okay. Over-all a good, straightforward experience.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Mississauga, ON
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2009

Stayed there for 4 nights July 30-Aug.2. Second year in a row my dad and I have stayed there for the Boat Races in Depue. Once again, a fantastic stay, great hotel.

We got there after being on the road for 9 hours and was checked in very quickly, like 2 minutes. The front desk people were Rock Stars and very nice. They were professional, easy to talk to, and very helpful. They went over the top one night. They have cookies sometimes for guests, and the Friday night after the races I asked if they were going to bake more? The guy on the front desk, I forget his name, said no problem I will whip you up some. Come back in 15-20 mins. So I come back and the guy hands me a plate of fresh baked warm and gooey chocolate chip cookies! Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and we enjoyed them.

Breakfasts each morning were great, just one little incident Friday morning. We got there at 9:10 after a morning walk and the older woman looking after the breakfast area was a bit gruff with me. All I wanted was an english muffin, and I saw there was none left. I asked the woman if I could get one from the back. My response was "NO! BREAKFAST CLOSES AT 9 ON WEEKDAYS, 10 ON WEEKENDS!!!" Whoaaa, just wanted an english muffin which I knew she had in the back. Suffice to say we weren't late for breakfast again.

The pool and hot tub were great again, and the location of the hotel was great. Near all amenities and restaurants.

We are planning to stay there again next year for the races!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank putzboy
Homer Glen, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2009

We stayed here for a visit to starved rock state park. It was half the price of staying at the starved rock lodge. The hotel was clean and comfortable and convenient to the park. It included breakfast, and cookies in the evening. I have absolutely no complaints.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peru
Hampton Inn & Suites Peru
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Peru
Fairfield Inn & Suites Peru
Days Inn Oglesby/ Starved Rock
BEST WESTERN Oglesby Inn
Grizzly Jack's Grand Bear Resort

Been to La Quinta Inn Peru Starved Rock State Park? Share your experiences!