“Great Clean Place To Stay”

Super 8 Peru Starved Rock State Park
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Peru
“Great Clean Place To Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2011

We stayed at this Super 8 on October 14 and 15th....don't see how anyone could give this place a bad review....sometimes you have to consider the people that stay there. The people that run the Motel are very helpfull and nice, very friendly....I will be staying there again and probably many more times. I might also add the motel is very clean and a nice breakfast of the mornings

Room Tip: All you have to do is stop...great place and very affordable.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Naperville, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2011

After looking for an affordable hotel for a last minute fall weekend getaway we decided to pay half the price of other area hotels. I'll be honest that I was a little nervous about staying at a $55 a night hotel when all of the others were $90+, but I was pleasantly surprised with how clean & nice it was. Yes the decor is slightly outdated, but I'm not living there so what do I care. I'm looking for a comfortable bed to sleep in, which I had & free breakfast. The breakfast consisted of the basics: cereal, muffins, bagels, doughnuts, juice, milk, coffee. If you're looking for eggs, bacon & waffles go out with the money that you didn't spend staying at another hotel. The employees were all friendly to us & answered questions we had about the area. This is the perfect place to stay if you're looking for a clean, affordable place to lay your head on a trip out to Starved Rock. We were within 15-20 minutes of Starved Rock & we loved the Peru Antique mall down the street. We are planning another trip out here in the winter to see the eagles at Starved Rock & will definitely be saving money & getting a great night's sleep at the Super 8.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Springfield,Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2011

RUN DONT STAY here at all. Out dated furniture like from the 1970's and the desk staff OMG RUDE.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Boston, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2011

I've stayed here on several occasions. It never dissapoints. I find it to be well cleaned, the beds are comfortable, rates are affordable and the service is friendly. It's quiet and a bit off the beaten path. I haven't sampled the breakfast because I usually go out. Oh, and try Mi Margarita for dinner. It offers REAL good Mexican food, large portions and friendly service. It's usually quite busy.... which is a good indication of quality..

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2011

Before making my reservation to this hotel I had done a lot of review checking and study about where I and my family should stay. We got this hotel for $55 a night and stayed a total of 3. I was nervous about all the reviews saying how bad and crapy the hotel was and how they had a terrible experience here. These reviews were false and unfair to this hotel. We checked in at 12am the lady at the front desk was so helpful and nice to us. Once we headed to our rooms we check them to see for any type of bugs or uncleanlyness. We found that the rooms were very clean and well kept air condition worked great. I found out that the hotel had been remoddleed after being taking over by new management. Maybe it use to be a bad hotel but now no way. I gave this hotel 5 of 5 and would gladly stay here again and recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank Anthony C
Phelan, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2010

Before i made my reservations for this motel i read the feedback online and i was a little nervous! When i got to the motel i was in total shock, because it was nothing like what people were making it out be.. It looks like a newer building and the rooms were very nice. The gal at the front desk was so very helpful. she told us a good place to go eat and gave us directions! I would stay here again. Its one of the best motels ive stayed at. The only bad thing was the lady in the morning wasnt very nice, but neither then that it was a great night stay!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank rcase252
Vancouver, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2010

so i was checked into this hotel was to stay there for a week or longer Moved out after 2 nights i travel the world and stay basically live in hotels i got this place for 45 a night and it was so smelly, old and out dated and the free breakfest Ha what a joke a stale dounut and some watered down Juice if you can call it that. ok so i moved on got an e mail for a super 8 review and i rated it as it was then that night i got a call from the owner or manager and he wanted to know what was wrong with the hotel and i told him he then started trying to go off on me and tell me what do you expect for 45 a night i will never stay there again and am spreading the word. thanks for reading and avoid this hotel at all cost drive 20 more miles to princeton and stay at the econolodge what a deal and a good place

Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank windtraveler777
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peru
La Quinta Inn Peru Starved Rock State Park
Days Inn Oglesby/ Starved Rock
Hampton Inn & Suites Peru
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Peru
Fairfield Inn & Suites Peru
BEST WESTERN Oglesby Inn

Been to Super 8 Peru Starved Rock State Park? Share your experiences!