“Nice”

Steak 'n Shake
Ranked #11 of 69 Restaurants in Peru
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout
Description: Steak 'n Shake, a classic American brand, was founded in 1934 in Normal, Illinois by Gus Belt who pioneered the concept of premium burgers and milkshakes. For over 85 years, the company's name has been symbolic of its heritage. The word "steak" stood for steakburger. The term "shake" stood for hand-dipped milkshakes. Gus was determined to serve his customers the finest burgers and shakes in the business. Today, Steak 'n Shake remains the "better burger" leader, serving premium 100% beef steakburgers, hand-dipped milkshakes, thin crispy fries, and more. Steakburgers are made without preservatives or artificial ingredients, topped with fresh produce, and always hand-crafted to order. Other classics include the Frisco Melt, 7x7, Prime Steakburgers, and fan favorite M&M milkshakes.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Very, very, VERY good Steak burgers. Frecnh fries are also good. ANd if you're a simple person the ch9cken stripes. Also very good milkshakes.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (34)

Reviewed August 29, 2019

Good prices, great burgers and shakes. They also have other items, and a kids menu. Friendly, professional service.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed July 2, 2019

It looks clean but the mop water is certainly not changed as often as it should be changed. Turned my stomach. I stopped going inside. I go through the drive through.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed January 26, 2018

We were there for lunch just the other day. I had never eaten there for lunch before, so I was sort of curious as to how it was going to be. We were pleasantly surprised. The service was good, the waitress even checked back with us to be sure everything was tasting good, and if we needed anything else, and we were seated right away. They had a promo going on
2/$3. Any two burgers featured, or a burger and onion rings, or French fries. We each got a burger and fries, so the bill was only $6,45 with tax. A good, and cheap lunch, which made both of us happy. We came back later for their milkshake happy hour, which is from 2pm-5pm. You can get any milkshake for $2 each. Mom got Peanut Butter/Choc, and I got Mint/Oreo. We both slicked those up in record time.
If your in Peru, Il, definitely eat there. They are also open 24 hours. We will be sure to eat there again on our next shopping day, it was a pleasant surprise when compared with the area family restaurants.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed March 2, 2017

I come here whenever I feel like a fast food burger and fries, but I'm not in a hurry. Sit down service with wait staff is a nice bonus. The food is always good. The service is good. The prices are low for the good quality of the food, and you can always find coupons for even lower prices! Enjoy!

Date of visit: February 2017

Been to Steak 'n Shake? Share your experiences!