“Good food, slow service”
Review of Steak 'n Shake

Steak 'n Shake
Ranked #15 of 62 Restaurants in Peru
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout
Manteno, Illinois
“Good food, slow service”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stopped to get carry out for our family of 5. We felt rushed for placing the order but waited a long time for the order to be ready. When we did get it, the food was fresh and good. We had burgers and fries. The portabella and swiss was excellent. We also enjoyed the chili mac. It had a hint of a spice, so if you don't like spicy, pass on this. I'm not a fan of spicy but this was pretty good.

The chocolate shakes were bland. We dson't know if they didn't have anough chocolate or if the ice cream was older but we didn't really enjoy them. My kids liked the vanilla and chocolate mint chip.

Overall, for the price, we can't complain too much! I would just get a different shake.

• Visited January 2013

IL
“Just okay”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

The waitess we had seem very inexperienced (she brought us someone else food at 1st) and found the restuarant so cold that we ate with our jackets on. Food was the usual for Steak & Shake

Visited October 2012
1 Thank KC4444
Moline, Illinois
“Saved our travelling family when no other restaurants in town satisfied”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I've been researching and reading reviews for almost 2 weeks prior to the real trip to Peru, thinking of a perfect vacation for my family. We tried several top rated, according to Tripadvisor, restaurants in town and you may read my reviews about them if you want, and for the 2nd day on our vacation, we finally decided to go to some Chain-restaurant, Steak & Shake, where we normally would not try on our vacation because we had one in our local area. It turned out to be our most satisfying meal ever for the trip. When all the other hid & miss restaurants failed us, Steak & Shake saved our hungry family (yes, we sere starving and unsatisfied by that time. My son had not eaten for two meals in other two restaurants which worried me on the trip). Therefore, I gave it a 5-star rating; it saved us.

• Visited September 2012
Ottawa, Illinois
“The best restaurant diner in town!”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

This restaurant is always busy when i drive by and for good reason! :-) They have one of the best burgers in town and every order is always made fresh no steam trays. (You can watch) YAY :-) Do not settle for less come here its worth it. I ordered a double steak burger it was hot, juicy and surprisingly not greasy for being fresh. My wife ordered a chicken strip dinner for her and a kids chicken strip dinner for our son it was hot, crunchy and delicious. All the fries were hot, and crunchy and we got out of there feeding the whole family for under $15.00. WHAT A DEAL! Oh ya servers were friendly, and attentive and restaurant was sparkling with cleanliness. :-)

• Visited September 2012