“Great Service and Delicious Food”

Mark Allen's American Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 63 Restaurants in Peru
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Oglesby, Illinois
“Great Service and Delicious Food”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

We always have great service, and I love the Rewards program! I thoroughly enjoyed the Swordfish with Rice Pilaf, recently. And my partner and I always enjoy the Bruschetta appetizer - delicious! We also enjoy the craft beers available, www.deschutesbrewery.com/brew/black-butte-porter is rich and smooth. We are hoping they will expand their beer options and provide a special menu with a description! :)

Cedar Falls, Iowa
“Not as stellar as mentioned”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

It's a very nice building, cleverly decorated with an outstanding waitstaff. Unfortunately the bread didn't live up to the circus. The Veal Marsala was mediocre, at best, with a sweet Marsala sauce that did nothing for the veal, which was sadly limp. The Barbecue trio, Hoof and Mouth, whatever, was nowhere near what others have raved about. Dry, gnarly ribs, overcooked chicken and shrimp doused in a too-sweet barbecue sauce. None of these meats had seen a grill, probably just broiled. We would have liked to have liked it but, alas, not up to what it could be. Some work in the kitchen is probably in order.

LaSalle, Illinois
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I always find myself ordering the same dish when I come here even though I know there are other good ones. LOVE the Cajun Pasta. It never disappoints me. Ann is always very friendly as well as the bartender.

Peru, Illinois
“Excellent food”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

We love Mark Allen's American Kitchen. Great food, good service and amazing martinis. Our go to restaurant.

Boulder, Colorado
“Enjoyed It Very Much”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Very nice meal in an interesting old building. Cordial, efficient service. I had the chicken Oscar, which I wouldn't recommend, as the crab cake tasted like a packaged frozen fish stick, but all the other meals were great. I was glad I sought out Mark Allen's while on a family reunion trip in Illinois.

• Visited June 2014