“Heavenly hors d'oeuvres and atmosphere!”

Mark Allen's American Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 64 Restaurants in Peru
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Cocktails, appetizers, staff, atmosphere, all 5 stars! The owners, which helped deliver our drinks to our table the one night, were just lovely people and help the staff as well as chit chat and make you feel so welcome! The appetizers we've tried so far (which is about every one of them by now) are all out of this world, especially the bruschetta! If you're lucky you will meet Clint in the bar area, one of the friendliest and personable bartenders in the area. All the employees are always smiley and seem genuinely happy to be there. It's as perfect for cocktail hour as it is romantic or fun dinner out!

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Went for a girls night out and had fun trying different martinis and then ate dinner and the food was awesome! Such a Great place I want to take my family there!

Reviewed March 30, 2014

This weekend, my Birthday fell on Friday so I knew that I would be celebrating all weekend. A girlfriend and I had lunch at Mark Allen's on Friday to celebrate our shared birthdays. Lunch was nice and relaxing and the food was great. On Saturday, my husband and I were able to celebrate together and I picked Mark Allen's for dinner. We had two of the three fish specials. The fish was light and flaky, the sauces left you wanting to lick our plate. Then we shared white chocolate cheesecake with coffee and it was delightful. After dinner we decided to spend sometime with my favorite bartender before heading home.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

We had the fish special and it was very tasty. I requested the Peach Nectar Martini but not too sweet. It was prepared to my specifications. All in all it was a great evening spent with good friends and great food.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Every once in awhile Chef Mark features his "hoof, shell, wing" barbecue plate combination. This includes ribs, a chicken breast, and a skewer of shrimp. I know this is enough for a second meal so I always save the chicken. It makes a perfect lunch sandwich the next day. It's still delicious! No "leftovers" taste at all. You can always ask to taste the barbecue sauce first if you like. Try it! You'll love it.