“Excellent”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Peru, Illinois
“Excellent”
Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

Not only was our food great, the service was spectacular as well. My steak could have been cut with a butter knife and the drinks the bartender makes are out of this world. We will definitely be back.

Visited March 2014

Ottawa, Illinois
“Fantastic atmosphere and great food!”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Driving to the restaurant doesn't seem very impressive, the exterior leads you to imagine what could be held within. Upon entering an immediate feeling of a romantic atmosphere overtakes your senses, while also leaving an avenue for a wholesome family experience.

the wait staff are very prompt, ensuring you have an opportunity to get your drinks to sip while perusing the menu. There are many specials to choose from, pasta, steak, chicken..... One can easily find the right meal to satisfy any craving. Appetizers are delivered quickly allowing you time to snack and enjoy the conversation of your party.

Meals are visually tasty as they are delivered to your table. Everyone at my table had very good comments on the appearance and taste of their meal. The stakes were cooked to order without going over or under in preparation. Very tasty, tender and filling. I will enjoy a meal here at every opportunity I get, even to the point I will gladly pay for a buddies meal. Of course I will always bring my wife, she really enjoyed the experience ( doesn't happen too often).

Lostant
“Our favorite place to dine in the Illinois Valley”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Everything from top to bottom is outstanding at Mark Allen's. My wife and I have ate here many times over the years. The bartender Clint makes the best Long Island Iced Tea's. The waitresses are outstanding. Polite, quick and thoroughly professional. I love the ribs at Mark Allen's and my wife loves the Cajun pasta. But the steaks are delicious also! We love the atmosphere, very comfortable. My wife never argues with me when I suggest eating at Mark Allen's !!

Peru, Illinois, United States
“Winter Comfort”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

With this interminable winter still lingering, I wanted some comfort food. One of the features for the evening was cavatappi alfredo with grilled chicken. Yum! This is no boxed dinner. The cheese is flavorful, the pasta is just the right consistency, and the chicken was tender. The portion was enough for two meals. I will be ordering this again.

Ohio, IL
“BBQ RIBS”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

This is our favorite place to have BBQ Ribs, they are excellent, but what else can you expect from a great place with excellent service and friendly faces. This is one of our favorite restaurants and the Margaritas are awesome!!