“I had forgotten how good it was!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mark Allen's American Kitchen

Mark Allen's American Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 59 Restaurants in Peru
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dalzell, Il
“I had forgotten how good it was!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

I recently went to Mark Allen's for lunch for my friend's 21st birthday (didn't even know they served lunch!) I had a Cobb Chicken Salad with balsamic dressing -- it was really good! Some of my friends had burgers -- they say they are famous for them -- and I was jealous that I didn't get one of those -- they looked so good and they had a "slab" of cheese on them! The decor of Mark Allen's is very different, to say the least and very interesting -- its almost worth going to see the art work! They also had a "wishing wall" where you could write your wishes on paper, put them in these holes in a frame and then go out and make them happen! Now I really want to go back for dinner!

• Visited April 2013

Ohio, IL
“Great food & Friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

You always feel welcome at Mark Allen's from the minute you walk in the door until you leave. Great food, friendly and excellent service. Great Margarita's

• Visited March 2013
“Cozy Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

We took a group to Mark Allens because we have come to appreciate the cozy atmosphere, the excellent service and the always delicious food. I would recommend it to anyone.

• Visited February 2013
Houston, Texas
“Amazing Food, Unique Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

If you're ever in Peru, you HAVE to stop by Mark Allen's for dinner. It's a bit pricey, especially for the area, but soooo worth it. Not only is the food amazing - when I went for my birthday, I had the portabello "fries" which were huge portabello mushrooms, cut into strips, then breaded and fried. They were one of the best things I've ever had. I also had a couple glasses of their house red wine, which was wonderful and for dessert, we all split the brownie waffle, a huge brownie, cooked in a belgian waffle iron and covered in whipped cream, ice cream and chocolate syrup. They even put a sparkler in it for my birthday. Besides having great food, the restaurant is also fun. Some tables have white boards on the wall to color on. Some have magnets to play with, and all have little sets of legos. It's a bit odd to watch upscale adult diners sip wine and play with legos, but it's a lot of fun as well. Highly recommended.

• Visited October 2012
LaSalle, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Super busy night but made room for us....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

We visited Mark Allen's on a Saturday night and they were hosting multiple parties and the restaurant was packed. We were offered a table for our party of four but informed that there were reservations for the table in an hour. We took the table and appreciated the advanced warning. We were only slightly rushed and informed when our bill came that all of our drinks were on the house by the owner Ann. This was a nice touch and a great call! We all left with satisfaction from an incredible meal and solid hospitality. Love the salmon and cheesy potatoes! Great service, quality staff, delicious food!

• Visited January 2013