“VERY POOR” 2 of 5 bubbles

Description: at Peru Mall
Illinois
“VERY POOR”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2012

My husband and I stop to eat at this Applebee's around 2 in the afternoon. When we entered the premises we never were greeted by the two girl's standing there, as they were to busy talking to each other. My husband went up to them and requested a table for the two of us and they never answered him. We stood there for about 10 minutes with no one else waiting for a table while these girl's continued to talk to each other. Finally one girl grabbed two menu's and said follow me. After we were seated the waitress came and took our drink order and it took around 15 minutes to get two glasses of water with lemon! She then told us after she set the two water's down she would be right back to take our food order. 15 more minutes went by and she finally came back and took our food order. We both ordered burger's and I requested her to leave the BBQ sauce off of mine. We waited over a half an hour for two burger's and when they did come mine had BBQ sauce on it. I waited to see our waitress again to tell her about the BBQ sauce that I requested not to be on my sandwich but didn't see her for quite awhile. Finally when she did come back so much time had gone by that I just had scraped what I could of the sauce off and started eating the sandwich. I did tell the waitress about it and she said I will tell the manager, as we were about ready to leave the manager came over and ask if I wanted something else and that he was sorry for them not making my sandwich right. We were already done eating! The waitress never came back to offer to refill our drinks or to ask if everything was alright. A family sitting three tables over from us had to send one of there plates back twice. When my husband and I left the same two girl's were standing at the door again as when we came in talking to each other and never said thanks come back again or anything. The food by the way wasn't that great either! I am not one to complain but I will never go here again to eat! Very poor service and food!

• Visited March 2012