“Great Food and Fun”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I visited Brandy's with 6 co-workers. It is a small place -not sure if they take reservations. There is a long list of martinis and specialty drinks - some of our group sampled, and they looked very good. The dinner menu is interesting. Bison, some nice fish entrees. The portions are very large - be prepared to bring some food home. I had the French Cut pork chop - a nice thick cut. The only disappointment - the double baked sweet potato had more burnt/solidified brown sugar on top than there was sweet potato. Desserts are a specialty here, and again the portions are large. The cakes look great - if you love chocolate make sure you save room. I had a blueberry slump - bread pudding-esque - with a dollop of vanilla ice cream. It was a little dry - could have used a few more dollops. Our front table had a great view of the river. All in all, a fun place.

1  Thank SafetyPro-VA

Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

This was our first visit here and definitely not our last! My husband ordered the prime rib which was $21.95. This included a salad, vegetable, and choice of potato which he ordered the double baked sweet potato. I ordered the French onion soup which was $5 something and a garden salad. We also ordered mixed drinks and mushrooms for an appetizer. Most of your steaks are in the $20 dollar range. The seafood varies, and some may appear pretty high priced, but I'm gonna guess it is worth it. This is a top notch restaurant with good quality food and great staff. We will be back for sure!!!

2  Thank sunshinesandy32
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I love going to Brandy's! The service is great!! The servers and bartenders are very friendly! The martinis are awesome and they just don't have a few a different ones they have a variety! The bartenders are always coming up with new ones too!!
The food is unbelievable!! I am not saying it's cheap but for the price you get a very reasonable portion of food!! The desserts are awesome too!!
I would highly recommend Brandy's my family and I truly love that place!!

1  Thank Giggles75
Reviewed July 10, 2014

This place is in a small town in the middle of Illinois but certainly it tastes as good as any NYC restaurant though with all of the charm of the midwest. I had the prime rib and it was one of the best I have had in years. Would certainly recommend this to anyone who is passing through and looking for a great meal. The staff is all family and give off a sense of friendliness. I would recommend trying the Martinis and Sangria, both just fantastic and go down a bit too easy.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Brandy's is an amazing place to go for food and drinks. Whether it is with friends or with family. Brandy's is my families choice to celebrate... we celebrate all our birthdays here, along with anniversaries, and just about anything else that comes up. The food is amazing, and the drinks are awesome. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable.