“Nothing Special - Disappointed”

Mi Margarita Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 62 Restaurants in Peru
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Customers craving authentic Mexican food have been coming to Mi Margarita for over 18 years. At our restaurant customers can host a private party, relax in our dining room, or take advantage of our outdoor seating while they enjoy our homemade dishes made with the freshest ingredients available.
Methuen, MA
“Nothing Special - Disappointed”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Had read the reviews and wanted to eat here during a drive cross country as I stayed in Peru.

There was nothing special about the chips/salsa - actually below average.

Again, nothing special about the food or the menu.

Wouldn't bother going here again - there is another mexican place that also got good reviews, but again, one doesn't know until one trys it.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank methuenma

Streator, Illinois
“good margarita”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

They do specialty margaritas and I imagine would make anything you could come up with. Traditional Mexican fare. The lunch buffett looks good but I always seem to order a taco salad. Fresh and tastey.

Visited March 2012
Streator, Illinois
“Good Mexican Food, Decent Price”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I haven't visited here in about ten years, but went back the other night. I love the decor and the staff was extremely friendly. My margarita was delicious, but I was disappointed with the chips. They seemed thick and very oily, so we didn't eat very many. The guac needed seasoning, but a little salt cured that. The meal was fantastic though...some of the best enchiladas I've eaten. They use the white corn tortillas with big chunks of vegetables and their sauces are tasty. At the end of our meal, our server brought us some cinnamon and sugar chips to munch on even though we didn't order any dessert. I would go back, although I miss munching on the chips!

• Visited October 2012
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Great food at a great price”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

The restaurant was close to our hotel, which was perfect after a long day of hiking at starved rock. It doesn't look much from outside, but the waitstaff is very attentive, the food is tasty and is inexpensive.

Visited October 2012
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Great food; Great price”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We were on the last leg of a 9 day journey out west. Heading home. And it was my birthday. So I wanted something a little different than Panera. I LOVE Mexican food and this place did not disappoint. The chips were warm; the salsa was okay. The food portions where very generous and prices were good. It was also Margarita Tuesday. So I enjoyed a mango margarita for I think $2.75. It was not artifical flavoring, but rather tasted like real mangos blended in the margarita. If you're every traveling along I80 through Illinois, this is a great stop.

• Visited August 2012