All reviewsfront desknice hotelroom was cleanwould stay here againoatmealfitness centercomplimentary breakfaststarved rockgreat breakfastupon checkthe breakfast areaking suiteparking lotpool and hot tubnice stayeasy accessroad trip
Reviewed January 7, 2014

While this is a typical Hampton Inn, it is in a very noisy location. It sits adjacent to I-80, which has nonstop heavy, and very loud, truck traffic. All rooms on the north side feel like they are sitting nearly directly over the the interstate and the beginning of the exit ramp. There must be a hill in this location as the trucks are constantly downshifting, adding to the noise. While we asked to be relocated to a room on the south side, we were told none was available. Fortunately we had our trusty white noise machine, which, on full volume, helped screen the road noise. (You just can not travel now-a-days without white noise). Looks like we were not 100% satisfied. Since it was a frigid blizzard outside, we stuck it out. However, bewarned, the rooms facing I-80 sound like they are on I-80.

Room Tip: If you can't get a room away from I-80, think twice about staying here.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bob L
Reviewed January 7, 2014

New hotel, friendly staff, clean rooms, good breakfast and a fruit bowl in the lobby! Right off the highway and a mall next door for shopping. A couple of restaurants within wallking distance. The rooms are quiet, (I asked for one facing the parking lot and not the highway). Mine had a huge shower stall, but no bath tub.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We had to stop off here right before Christmas. It is a great hotel, with a lovely breakfast, and the room was huge (King with sofa bed). The layout of the room was one of the best I have seen in staying at a hotel. The breakfast had a large selection, and my fiance especially like the hot real oatmeal (not instant).

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Danielle K
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We stayed in a suite for a Family Christmas outing and our stay with this hotel was very nice. The room was quite large and very nice. We had six in our room with plenty of room and were very comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I stayed at the Peru location for the nights of Dec 24 & 25 while visiting with family in nearby Spring Valley. The staff were very friendly and the room was clean and pretty well kept but the guest materials were very old and grubby. The TV channel index was so outdated that half of the listed channels were no longer available and the other half were completely rearranged. Christmas Eve was little sleep with slamming doors until about 3:00am but the second night was quiet. The only real disappointment was that they did not honor the reserved price of $98/night (plus tax) as I found when I read the bill as I stopped for lunch two hours down the road; I was actually charged $109/night plus tax. Next time I think I'll try the neighboring hotels.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo