“Very comfortable & Nice Breakfast”

Hampton Inn & Suites Peru
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Peru
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Stopped here after a long drive. Very quick check-in (no reservation). The night staff was very friendly. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. The shower was good. There was coffee in the room. The only issue is that the water does not taste very good in Peru. I wish they would put a big bottle of water in the room for making coffee in the morning. Other than that it was a nice stay. Good cable selection too.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 31, 2012

While I was a the airport waiting on my flight I realized I was only wearing one diamond stud earring. I called the Hampton Inn and as soon as I told them my room number they told me housekeeping had turned it in., What a relief. Kudos to the staff. As always Hampton Inn & Suites has clean comforable rooms. But the staff is what makes a great hotel.

Room Tip: The king suites are amazing.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We planned a day of hiking the canyons in the Starved Rock area, and chose the Peru Hampton Inn for one nite's lodging (Room 419, a suite, on Saturday October 13), before heading back home. This will be where we stay in the future, when our hiking adventures next bring us to the Utica/Peru area, because of it's close proximity to the canyons, and also because of this positive experience.

The suite was extra large: two queens, sitting area, make-up table w/sink outside of the toilet/shower area -- all very clean. I always check the room thoroughly, prior to unpacking.

It's the first time that we've checked into a hotel and, not fifteen minutes later, the Front Desk calls to see if everything's to our satisfaction! Most hotels assume that they'll hear from you, should something be amiss.

After hiking a day (in the rain), we passed an Italian restaurant in town called "Amici's" that looked interesting. When we returned to the Hampton, I asked the Front Desk clerk, "Sonya," if Amici's had a dress code, as we'd only brought along casual clothing, this being but an overnight stay. No, it was casual, Sonya said, but perhaps we'd like to make a reservation and, if so, she'd make one for us -- which she did.

The free breakfast the following morning was quite a spread: scrambled eggs, sausage patties, waffles, various dry cereals, oatmeal, muffins, coffee, juices, fruit, and a huge dining area in which to relax and enjoy that breakfast.

The Hampton Inn-Peru is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Stay in a suite -- they're HUGE!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I had to stay in that hotel for one night. Common parts are nice with a big sitting/breakfast area. Fitness center has few machines not well mantained but was working. A swimming pool was present. All really clean. The room was big and the bathroom nice. I cannot say nothig bat about that place but it is quite sad (there was also a microwave oven in the room .....). Breakfast is terrible no way to have an espresso (but there is a Starbuicks 1 minute drive) or fresh food. Anyway if you need to slee in the are it is a clean solution.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Remediator
Carey A, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Peru, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

I appreciate your recent review of our hotel. I’m pleased to hear you enjoyed your guest room suite but I understand that you were disappointed with your breakfast. We will review our offerings, keeping your recommendations in mind. Please feel free to messages me with any additional suggestions or comments. The next time you are in town please visit us again.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We were very tired from driving all day and so stopped here. Contemporary king room was very nicely done, bed and linens were wonderful. We were told on checking in that there had been a problem with the water lines locally, and that we would need to run the tap in the bathroom to clear it. We only needed to run the water for a minute or two, and then all was well. Very nice and plentiful breakfast was included, and all the staff, from the front desk and breakfast staff, to the person emptying the trash by the lobby coffee machines, were efficient and friendly. They have an excellent work station if you travel without your laptop. We did have traffic noise from the freeway but we were so exhausted that it didn't bother us, but you may want to request a room away from the freeway side if they have one available. Room total for the night including taxes, minus AAA discount, was $141.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I stayed here on a cross country trip. The only room available was the King Suite. I was exhausted so I took it because I did not want to drive anymore looking for a cheaper room. The room itself is absolutely amazing. The bed wasn't the most comfortable I've ever slept on, but the bedding was like being wrapped up in clouds. The downfall is the freeway right outside the window. If you're a heavy sleeper or you sleep with the tv on it won't affect you at all, but if you're a light sleeper and need quiet then forget it. All I heard all night long was semi's roaring outside the window. Fortunately the front desk staff was very friendly and they honor their 100% satisfaction guarantee. Aside from the freeway noise this was a very outstanding hotel. However, I would only stay here again with ear plugs.

Room Tip: Get a room on the south side not facing the freeway if you are a light sleeper or don't like a l...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Sherry K
Reviewed August 3, 2012

This is a newer Hampton Inn with an open-feel lobby design. The rooms are spacious and kept clean. The bathroom offers a separate area for toilet/shower vs. the sink.

The guest services are provided by a friendly staff at the front desk and there is an evening manager's reception that offers beer & wine.

The fitness center is well-stocked with the treadmills, elliptical and a full set of dumbbells. When you are traveling to Peru, strongly consider this nice Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Leadbelly98
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peru
Fairfield Inn & Suites Peru
#6 of 10 in Peru
7 mi away
Grizzly Jack's Grand Bear Resort
Best Western Oglesby Inn

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Peru? Share your experiences!