“I love HI Express in general, but this was disappointing”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Peru
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Peru
Indianapolis, IN
“I love HI Express in general, but this was disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

In general, I am a big fan of HI Express, and we have had good experiences at the Peru property in the past, so we were happy to pay a little extra (vs. other area hotels) to stay here. Unfortunately, this stay was disappointing for a few reasons. Most importantly, our room was directly above the TV in the breakfast area. Someone turned that TV on at 3 a.m. and let it blare the rest of the night. My husband and I both woke up and had trouble getting back to sleep. Second, the pool was out of commission during our entire stay. We have two small children and this was a big disappointment for them. They reduced the rate of our second night by $30, but we would rather have had the pool. Finally, the shower curtain was torn at the top and mildewed at the bottom. On the positive side, the staff was pleasant, and the hotel was clean overall. We like the location of this hotel across from Wal-Mart, as we always forget something when we travel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
PeruHIEgsm, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Peru, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
We are so sorry you had complications during your stay with us. I want to apologize for the loudness of the TV in the breakfast bar, I have informed my night attendant that the TV should not be on and if there is a guest in the Dining area to have them turn it down. With the pool being down unfortunately we had a pipe break, It was repaired early Sunday morning. We are so sorry you didn't get to use our pool. If you have any questions or further comments you can always reach me directly at the hotel. Again my apologies and we hope to see you in the future.

Ashley Dowell
Guest Service Manager
815-224-2500

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Findlay, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

Rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and accomodating. The location is ideal to shopping, resturants and the highway as well. Overall my stay was great, I would recommend this propery to anyone in need of a room in the area...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

Reservations were made easily over the phone, check in was efficient, my hotel room was clean. Quiet throughout the night unlike other hotels in the area that are located very close to the expressway. Will return... tonight actually! Thanks!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Arcola, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

I have 5 kids still at home, took 2 hunting and the wife and 3 other kids were coming up to swim one night. I asked for connecting rooms for the second night of which they were happy to do. Rooms were clean and maids were friendly. My only problem was the wife and 3 other kids were coming to swim and the pool was closed. I would have told the wife not to make the 2 1/2 hour drive if I would have known it wouldn't be open.

Belvidere, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Staff was super efficient. Weekend stay exceeded my expectations. I am a cleanliness freak and this Holiday Inn Express passed with flying colors in all areas! Will definitely return. Thanks for the great weekend accomodations!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Very easy check in, pleasant hotel employees, spacious comfortable room, quality breakfast included!! Pool was under construction, but that didn't matter as we had no time to swim after hiking all day and enjoying Starved Rock State Park!!Great for our weekend getaway trip!! We will be there next year for sure!!

Stillwater, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Every part of our experience at this hotel was great. It was very clean and comfy. Even thou the hotel was full it was very quiet. It was an enjoyable stay. We look forward to staying there again on our next visit to Peru.

• Stayed October 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peru
Hampton Inn & Suites Peru
Fairfield Inn & Suites Peru
La Quinta Inn Peru Starved Rock State Park
Days Inn Oglesby/ Starved Rock
Grizzly Jack's Grand Bear Resort
Starved Rock Lodge & Conference Center

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Peru? Share your experiences!