“Like new!”

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Peru
USA
“Like new!”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

The hotel appears to be pretty new, everything is clean and up to date. Free breakfast buffet had several hot items and there was plenty of seating. Pool area could use a few more chairs but the towels were replenished frequently. Our room was comfortable for 2 adults and 2 teens for a weekend stay. Great location near Starved Rock State Park, and an easy drive to explore Peru and LaSalle. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Tracy, California
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I is a great hotel. The best thing was they had enough plugs. plugs were desk high. even in the bathroom had extra plugs. They were thinking of the traveler when they designed the hotel. I will always stay when I am in the area.

Niceville
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Well built facility, entry,reservation desk and surroundings are appealing. Room had plenty of room and all I needed with MW and Frig. Nice tight shower door that didn't leak water. A/C was very quiet and worked well. Breakfast room had plenty of area, decent food, great cinnamon rolls.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Waseca, Minnesota
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I was greeted with fresh cookies and welcomed to a friendly atmosphere. The hotel appears to be a newer construction and very clean. How refreshing to wake up to a hot breakfast free of charge. I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone traveling through the area. As a bonus, restraunts and grocery stores are very close to the location.

Room Tip: I've only stayed at this hotel once so I'm not sure which rooms to recommend. The room in w...
Trevor, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I will never ever stay anywhere else!!!! This place is the best in Peru Illinois. We have been staying there since it opened and will never try another place. So impressed with the service....I cannot say enough about it. I also LOVE that you take dogs because we never travel without ours!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ofallon illinois
Reviewed August 4, 2013

PRO: This hotel is less than three years old so it's clean, well maintained and has friendly staff.

CON: During the week, the hotel is utilized by construction workers that get up at the crack of dawn and use the ice machine that's not in an enclosed room so don't get a room near the ice machine. Also, wish the management would get rid of the pancake machine and buy a waffle machine like the rest of the chain hotels.

Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I usually love this hotel, as I stay here when we go visit Starved Rock. This stay started out good. Lovely check in (Ashley at front desk). 2 flavor choices for cookies (Wow!) and a comfy clean room. Next morning, went to the Rock early & came back for breakfast. It was only 8am on a slow Friday, and there was barely anything out. The hot foods that were out had obviously been sitting for awhile. I peeked in to the kitchen to politely ask if there would be refills, and there was no one to be found. So we grabbed a bowl of cereal to take up to our room. As we were walking out of the room, a woman walked into the kitchen with a load of towels and avoided looking at us. ?? Not sure why.
The next morning we were skeptical to try for breakfast, but decided to try again. And we are glad we did. The young lady attending breakfast greeting us as soon as we walked in (despite her hands full with fresh coffee pots). The hot foods were stocked and fresh, and she again came by with a smile to check how we were doing. There was also a gentleman employee helping her run fresh items out. Wow what a difference, these two were amazing! I peeked in to thank her and she said "You're welcome, I'm glad you enjoyed it" I told her what a difference from the day before, and she apologized for the inconvenience on Friday and asked if she could do anything else for me. I told her no, she did her part with a smile. This young lady is a keeper along with the gentleman assisting her! The other employee perhaps needs a bit more training.

There was also WAY too many unsupervised children (baseball teams?) in the hotel. A few staff members tried to politely corral them to the rooms to no avail.

So, I'm hoping to stay here again & hopefully I'll catch the days the employees who care about their guests are working :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Peru, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Dear Rachel A,

Thank you for your review. All our guest comments are valuable and we consider them seriously in the consistent endeavor to improve the quality of our products and service.

I was delighted to read that after some initial issues in our breakfast area, these were soon sorted and you were still able to enjoy your stay with us. I apologize for the shortfalls, nevertheless, I am glad that you were satisfied with most of the features provided.

I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peru
Hampton Inn & Suites Peru
Fairfield Inn & Suites Peru
La Quinta Inn Peru Starved Rock State Park
Grizzly Jack's Grand Bear Resort
Super 8 Peru Starved Rock State Park
Days Inn Oglesby/ Starved Rock

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Peru? Share your experiences!