“Perfect place to stay ....”
Review of The Kings Arms

The Kings Arms
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Monkton Farleigh
The Kings Arms
Reviewed February 22, 2011

We were in Bath for a rugby match, and I struggled to find somewhere to stay in the centre of Bath for just one night, so looked further afield, and came across The Kings Arms. I'm so pleased I did! It was a really good local village pub with just 3 rooms. We booked Rooms 2 and 3, for myself and husband and my parents. My parents had room 3 which was huge! We had room 2 which was a decent size, good bathroom and faciliites. We ate in the pub in the evening and were pleased we did, very good fresh, well cooked food.

Only slight criticism was the pillows ... feather - I would have preferred something a bit firmer, but that's a personal preference, but would have been good to have the option. All in all highly recommended - just wish we had a bit more time there!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank alnewell

Reviewed November 15, 2010

Stayed here on 11 November for 2 nights as a treat for our 2nd anniversary.

Felt genuinely welcomed from the moment we walked through the door, nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff.

We stayed in room 1 and my only criticism was that it was too warm, but some people may prefer it that way. We literally had to turn all the radiators off as we found it too warm at night.

Great breakfasts (I had the full english both mornings) and the food in the restaurant was fantastic and reasonably priced. Good selection of drinks including cocktails.

All in all a really good stay - perfect for exploring Bath and the surrounding area.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2010

Having decided to spend a couple of relaxing days in Bath I came across the excellent reviews of the Kings Arms on the internet. My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night, mid-week and had a lovely stay. The food was superb and the staff very friendly and helpful.

For the most part I agree with the other reviews that this is a great place to stay but we found the location less convenient for Bath than others have done and I think for a short stay like ours it would have been better to stay in the city centre. The taxi journey was longer than we anticipated due to traffic (despite not travelling at rush hour it took us 30 minutes) and cost £20 each way - a lot more than I had expected.

I was also a little disappointed that there were no tea and coffee facilities in the room and although the staff kindly brought us up a pot of tea, a charge for this was added to our bill at the end of our stay. Although this is only a minor complaint, I think when your paying £120 for a room this does leave you feeling a little surprised.

If you're aware of the distance and it isn't a problem for your stay I'm sure you will have a wonderful visit here most of the praise I've read for this place is totally deserved

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SophieS64
Reviewed October 8, 2010

arrived there last week after a very very wet day at the Ryder Cup in Newport . a realy quaint romantic old world english pub in a very quite village yet only 15 minutes from Bath . only 3 boutique bedrooms - ours with a fabolous bathroom , bathrobes + slipper ! .top class food in the restuarant/pub which was comfortably busy .

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed for 2 nights just for a break away, the rooms and pub were great, candles lit all the time, fresh flowers everywhere, we ate in the restaurant in the evening and the food was lovely, breakfast, you couldnt ask for anything nicer..books to flip through in the bar, cocktails were perfect..feather duvet and pillows you just sank into , would recomend to freinds and stay again..

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2010

We stayed at The Kings Arms near Bath for two nights and we had a fantastic time. We’ve been to Bath on many occasions and found hotels in the area to be generally overpriced and lacking in service. Hence we are delighted to have found The Kings. From the moment we stepped into the cosy pub to check in, our stay was outstanding. We booked Room 1, the smallest of the 3 rooms available. It was quirky but very tastefully decorated and cosy. During our stay we planned to eat out in Bath, but after sampling the superb food at The Kings, we stayed for most meals. I couldn’t recommend it more for a friendly relaxing break near Bath.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2010

We stayed in this lovely pub for a friend's wedding. We had to be at the church for 3pm, so we were really pleased our room was ready early so we could get ready, and they even organised us a taxi. We stayed in room 2, which is stunning with a lovely bathroom and a really comfy bed. We were told about the DVD library we were welcome to borrow from, and nothing seem too much effort. Breakfast was fantastic.
I would definitely return and recommend this pub to all my friends. The service was fantastic, and it was a lovely place to wake up on my birthday!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelbug81London

Been to The Kings Arms? Share your experiences!