“Awful experience. Mediocre food”
Review of Salt - CLOSED

Salt
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I took important business partners to Salt on a weeknight. The waitress was overwhelmed even though the restaurant wasn't very busy. Service absolutly failed. We had a table of 8 .. fish dishes came first, followed by chicken. We tried to wait for the beef dishes, but after about 15 minutes we gave up. My fish was cold and had no flavor .. worse yet, half the table was done with their meals before the final beef dish was served. Unacceptable! The manager did reduce our charge, but made nothing but excuses. The damage is done.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

There were approx 20 of us, for a business dinner. They placed in a back room, which was perfect. We only had one waiter, which was not fair to him, so it should have been staffed better for the amount of people. Considering, he did a great job. The appetizers were amazing. We had seared tuna, and calamari. Both prepared very well. I would never had known I was eating fish and seafood. There was no fish taste and the calamari was not rubbery. That unfortunately is were the compliments end. For the main course, although a great portion, was cold. I had the filet and it was cooked to a well medium, when I asked for medium rare to medium. And the steak was hardly warm. My mashed potatoes were cold throughout. Even the center was cold, all the same temperature, so clearly placed on the plate cold. To add perspective, my plate was hotter than my meal. Lastly, the staff wore t shirts of you will that had the restaurant name on them. They looked like Hanes t shirts and I had the urge to wash them and then go to a diner. So inappropriate for the atmosphere they are attempted to pull off. Unprofessional attire for a so called upscale restaurant. The female employes had far to much cleavage showing. Do it right, or not at all.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

We made reservations since we had 23 in our party for dinner. We were able to get the back room for the birthday celebration. The waitresses were great. The scallops and quinoa were really good! The wine by the glass is a bit pricey ($9). A very nice evening and everyone was happy with their food.

1  Thank crpalazzola
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Have eaten here several times over the last several month & have made it a point to try something different everytime- the food is unique and very fresh and creative. Like the decor- always friendly service- pretty reasonable prices- great lunches- a fun place to dine

1  Thank pickEeater13
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Stumbled upon this place by accident. Wasn't sure with a name like "Salt", it would be a healthy place to eat. I had a lamb burger, hubby had a thai peanut chicken wrap. The menu was unique and I want to go back to try more!! Loved this place.

1  Thank glennil