“Wonderful in Every Way”

Noir Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Ambiance, service, drink menu and food.... all impeccable and wonderful. This place is a new treasure for Peoria. When I want to have a leisurly night out with the girls or a romantic dinner with my husband, I head to Noir. If I gush much more, it will seem inauthentic. Just go.

4  Thank TAM0423

Reviewed October 31, 2011

Love the decor of this place- it is so fun ! The food is so good- very flavorful and unique combinations and the wait staff knows the menu and their wines- every waiter we have ever had there is friendly and seems to be enjoying working there which is nice- lively, comfortable and great food !

2  Thank pickEeater13
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Noir is a great addition to the already hip scene in the Heights.

Visited on a Thurs night and it was packed. Good drinks and good food options. Though I prefer veggie options, there weren't a lot of options, but the things we ordered were delicious -- Spanish olives, guacamole and fish tacos.

3  Thank TravelingG123
Reviewed February 25, 2011

My wife and I visited Noir for our 16th wedding anniversary. It was my wife's second and my first visit to the restaurant. We had heard mixed reviews and wide degrees of likes/dislikes. But my wife raved about her first visit so we decided to go back.

The restaurant is a smaller one located in Peoria Heights among other local favorites. I think that Noir will have a great future in Peoria Heights. The atmosphere is great for couples and groups alike. Reservations would be recommended, but not necessarily required. They have a large bar area if you have to wait. The bar has a large menu of wines, beers, and mixed drinks.

My wife started off with a glass of red wine which she deemed, an easy drink and really enjoyed it. I asked for a martini recommendation and received a blue colored martini. It was great.

We decided to pick a few items to start with and see how long we could last before getting too full. We split the beef and blue bruschetta which was fabulous. Not your typical bruschetta but excellent to say the least. Next we had the scallops which were out of this world. We have never had such great tasting scallops. Definitely a re-order item the next time we return. Next we ordered a veggie dish, the roasted peppers. These were also an item liked and finished off by us both.

For desert we went with my wife's choice form last time which she said was outstanding. We ordered a banana and chocolate bread pudding. I am usually not one to order bread pudding, but after trying the Noir's version, I may switch fultime. It was a warm dessert and we ate every bit of it.

Overall the dinner, drinks, and atmosphere was top notch. We did not experience any of the bad issues reported by others locally and friends who had visited this restaurant. We will definitely go back.

4  Thank TravelingFAMPeoria