“Great Choice in the Heights”
Review of Seven On Prospect

Seven On Prospect
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 22, 2012

My husband and I ate here for date night on a recent Saturday. We had reservations at 6:00 and were seated promptly. Nice wine selection. We had a bottle of Rodney Strong Cabernet for $31. Our server was attentive, but not intrusive. The bread (nice round loaf) was amazing! My husband got a dinner salad (a la carte) and the steak three ways. It's a fillet minion served with three sauces, asparagus and garlic mashed potatoes (to die for) that are served in a martini glass. Fun! My husband declared his steak "cooked perfectly." I ordered the grilled salmon. It was wonderful; had a teriyaki glaze and toasted sesame seeds. Served with Asian vegetable stir fry (awesome) and mashed potatoes. More food than I could eat. Presentation was great. A wonderful meal!! It's a bit pricey, but you'd expect that. Only negatives I can think of: the music was a bit loud for our taste, and the booths are not very comfortable--the backs are straight up at a 90 degree angle--worse than church pews. But all in all a very good experience!! We'll be back.

1  Thank Purduewriter91

Reviewed February 20, 2012

We had diner with another couple prior to a Concert two weeks ago.
Once again we were treated as family and experienced excellent service and good food.

On multiple occasions we order 2 - 4 of the appetizers and make a meal of it.
Never have been disappointed.
If you enjoy a good Cosmo, Joe (owner) and the male bartender make an excellent one.

Enjoy!

1  Thank Jeffrey S
Reviewed February 20, 2012

An enjoyable ambiance, with excellent food offering. Whether you are sitting at the bar with friends, (the bar tender always makes exceptional cocktails), in a booth or one of their table, you always have good service. The food is tasty and varied.
All in all a very enjoyable dining experience.

Reviewed February 6, 2012

Four colleages and myself dined at Seven on a Tuesday night and found it to be a fantastic restaurant. Service was vert efficient and friendly. The drinks were excellent. We shared crab cakes for an appetizer and they were very good. I had the ribeye steak which was cooked to perfection and one of the better steaks I have ever eaten. One person had duck breast and another had the stuffed pork chop. Both said their entrees were very good. The other two in our party had salads and appetizers for dinner and were very happy with the choices they made. I would highly recommend Seven if you are in Peoria area!

1  Thank Lewis J
Reviewed January 21, 2012

The food here is consistently excellent. Great for a special occasion.