“Small and classy”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 30, 2012

You name it, it is wonderful. Open for lunch and dinner every day. Be sure to get the window seat!

1  Thank cakenana
There are newer reviews for Jim's Bistro

Reviewed April 23, 2012 via mobile

I have eaten here many times. The steaks and 1/2 chicken are always excellent.

This time the server was unprofessional. Kept calling us "kids," very annoying. My wife's meal was good. She got the trout, I got the half chicken. I have ordered this many times and it usually great. This visit it was not. It was very, very dry. It tasted like powder. It's usually seasoned well, buttery and delicious.

The server looked at my plate noticing I wasn't eating it and still didn't ask If there was anything wrong. When he started to walk away I had to tell them that my chicken was dry. He replied, "he had the chicken earlier and his was not dry so mine couldn't be dry either"

He then refused to do anything about it.

Summing up the review, overall it was a terrible evening. We haven't gone back and nor will we ever again!

2  Thank Jimmy1481
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We ate there on a Friday night. Had reservations for 7:30 and were seated pretty shortly thereafter. The place was full and bustling. Not quiet, but not overwhelmingly noisy. Not what I'd call a romantic spot, but not a bar-type atmosphere, either. Sort of in-between.

I had the scallops, which were cooked nicely, but there were a few that still had some grit in them. They were served with mashed sweet potatoes & asparagus, which was also cooked nicely. I had a glass of their house pinot noir & it was very good.

Our server was a real sweetie. She was not over solicitous, but was there when we needed her and she had a nice sense of humor.

If it weren't for the grit in the scallops, I would have given the place 5 stars. We will give it another try, though, because we really love the Peoria Heights area!

3  Thank otterpup
Reviewed March 26, 2012

The casual equivalent of Jim's Steakhouse in downtown Peoria. Food is just as good, but the atmosphere is more casual.

2  Thank Marla B
Reviewed February 29, 2012

For all people who love Lamb,This is the place for you.
I always order the 2" chops but this time I had the Lamb Shank.
It was the best I have had in 8yrs and I had to go to St Louis.
My family was in the Meat business for over 100yrs so I have eaten
Plenty of Lamb not Mutton as many had during the War Years.

P.S. My hats off to the "Chef" and the best "Waitress "Kelly"

1  Thank Canuck1946