“Just ok for a courtyard” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Peoria

Courtyard Peoria
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
Middletown, Kentucky, United States
“Just ok for a courtyard”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I normally like Marriott Courtyard hotels but honestly this one just seemed to be missing something. The area is a bit run down but the lobby of the hotel is beautiful. The staff was pleasant & helpful BUT I just got a weird vibe. The hotel had obviously been redecorated, the hallways still looked old. The room was nice but small. The balcony was tiny & they had a bar on the sliding glass door that made we worry about my safety a bit. It was clean & will do but I hope to find something better when in the area again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Beth C
TMIHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Peoria, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Beth C,
Thank you for your review of the Courtyard by Marriott Peoria and for your kind words about my staff. I can assure you that our hotel is safe and that our guests' security is a top priority for us. We hope you will choose to stay with us again the next time you are in the area.

Sara H.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Waunakee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I generally like Courtyard properties because they are dependable, clean and predictable. This location is a little odd to find but close to everything - restaurants, shopping and major roads. The staff was friendly and accommodating. I did not like the location of the first room and the front desk staff quickly made a change. We were in town for a funeral so other than sleeping, we spend no time at the hotel to do anything else such as swim or eat. I would definitely recommend this property.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the parking lot - the rooms on the other side face the highway
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Rochester MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

When we arrived the clerks were very friendly and helpful. The hotel is very clean, fresh and up to date. The room was very nice and clean very easy to get comfortable. The breakfast at the bar was fresh and good. This is a definite if you need an affordable but immaculate place to stay.

Stayed September 2013
1 Thank TNTKREBSBACH
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My family had accomodations at the Baymont next door to the Courtyard and the motel was so bad we couldn't stay. We were able to walk right in to the Courtyard, get adjoining rooms for two nights. The staff was very friendly. The hotel has been updated in the past year and a half. The rooms were comforatable and clean. My only complaint would be that breakfast was not included in the price of the room. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I stayed on a Friday and Saturday night. I value peace and quiet and it was quiet on Friday. Saturday was another story. We had come back to the room around 3:30 PM for a nap and we knew we were in trouble when we ran into a rowdy bridal party in the lobby carrying up cases of beer. The room next to us was some sort of pre-party room and they were very noisy and we could hear everything going on. We were not well-rested for our own event that night. We left and returned at midnight and thankfully everything was quiet- until 1:30 when the wedding guests returned. I chose Marriott over other chains in the area because I thought I would get what I paid for but apparently that does not include sound proofing.

When I checked out Sunday morning, there was a note at the desk saying the clerk was away "assisting another customer". Right outside the front doors, we could see the clerk smoking a cigarette! If they are going to be "away" from the desk, they should at least be in a place where I can't see them and smoking is not assisting someone!

Other issues encountered:
Room had no extra blankets on the bed or in the closet. We had to ask for one at the front desk.
Room was nice and appeared to recently been redone or cleaned because there was a strong smell of either carpet or carpet glue. The stairwell had the same smell.
One of the side doors was unable to be accessed due to construction.
Multiple parking spaces were blocked to cars due to storage pods being on them.
Would like to see a fan in the bathroom
Would like to have ability to recycle in room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
TMIHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Peoria, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear A C,
Thank you for taking time to review the Courtyard Peoria. I am very sorry to hear that you had a negative experience. I will make sure to remind my front desk staff about our break policies. I am also sorry that noisy guests kept you from enjoying your stay. In the future we would be more than happy to take care of a noise issue if you let us know about it. I hope with our efforts to improve that you might stay with us again should you find yourself in the Peoria area.

Sara H
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

The staff is very nice and the room was super clean and a nice clue of how clean the maintaince man was pressure washing the parking lot. I love the new remodel great look and the lobby was a wonderful place to sit and eat when working

• Stayed June 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stayed here over Christmas and again in April to visit family in Peoria. The staff is friendly and the rooms are large, comfortable, and clean at reasonable rates. We never tried the swimming pool as we keep on forgetting our swimming stuff. We love the breakfast and the cosy breakfast area/ lobby. Definitely our favorite hotel in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple